Fcharts Data back up

lvgandhi

What are files/folders need to be backed up for reinstalling or copying to another machine? I installed fcharts fresh in another machine and copied PRICES folder and fcharts.ini from previous working fcharts machine. I didn't any symbol. What else needs to be copied?

What are files/folders need to be backed up for reinstalling or copying to another machine? I installed fcharts fresh in another machine and copied PRICES folder and fcharts.ini from previous working fcharts machine. I didn't any symbol. What else needs to be copied?
It seems that prices are to be reloaded. You may try the following steps :-

Export EOD price (tick all price data)in old program . EOD of all price data will be saved in export folder. Now you import the folder in your new destination of fchart. copy formula folder and replace in new destination.

Cheers

Himadri

RSI

Simple. Copy your exisiting Prices folder in to a CD. You can find it by opening Fcharts folder in windows explorer. Then reinstall FCharts in a new computer from the setup file. Thereafter open the FCharts folder and copy -paste your old Prices folder from CD over the Prices folder in the newly installed FCharts folder. Then again run Fcharts programme and click on "ALL" in the two right windows - next to market window (which you will find on the top left of the FCharts page). You must get back all symbols and prices in your earlier database.

razx5

hello ivgandhi,i would like to ask u which version of fcharts did u install
.did u install fchartsSE or fcharts pro.can u please give me details rergarding fcharts.is it difficult to use?how to feed data for the same?r u able to view realtime intraday charts for the nse scrips .please reply

lvgandhi

Simple. Copy your exisiting Prices folder in to a CD. You can find it by opening Fcharts folder in windows explorer. Then reinstall FCharts in a new computer from the setup file. Thereafter open the FCharts folder and copy -paste your old Prices folder from CD over the Prices folder in the newly installed FCharts folder. Then again run Fcharts programme and click on "ALL" in the two right windows - next to market window (which you will find on the top left of the FCharts page). You must get back all symbols and prices in your earlier database.
Actually I did as you said and also copied fcharts.ini file.Still I didn't get any symbol. Then I had to import data manually @ 91 symbols as all symbols(1200) could not be imported at once.

lvgandhi

hello ivgandhi,i would like to ask u which version of fcharts did u install
.did u install fchartsSE or fcharts pro.can u please give me details rergarding fcharts.is it difficult to use?how to feed data for the same?r u able to view realtime intraday charts for the nse scrips .please reply
Latest free version 1.96f I am using. We can get real time data from quotetracker or excel into it. From excel it is cumbersome and also takes more memory and crashes.From quote tracker it is OK but not tick data.

RSI

Actually I did as you said and also copied fcharts.ini file.Still I didn't get any symbol. Then I had to import data manually @ 91 symbols as all symbols(1200) could not be imported at once.
I just could not follow what you said. Excuse me. I am not an expert on softwares. What I want to know from you is why did you copy Fcharts ini file? Please install Fcharts programme from setup file and then copy paste Prices folder as I said. When my computer was infested with a virus and I had to erase the entire data on harddisk, I did this procedure and I was able to run Fcharts as before. By the way, I am using their free version. Hope this helps.
Thanks and regards
R. S. Iyer

RSI

One more suggestion is Fcharts is importing Metastock data effortlessly. In case of any problem, many members in this forum have posted historical data in Metastock format. You can use them as well. Hope this also helps
R. S. Iyer

lvgandhi

I just could not follow what you said. Excuse me. I am not an expert on softwares. What I want to know from you is why did you copy Fcharts ini file? Please install Fcharts programme from setup file and then copy paste Prices file as I said. When my computer was infested with a virus and I had to erase the entire data on harddisk, I did this procedure and I was able to run Fcharts as before. By the way, I am using their free version. Hope this helps.
Thanks and regards
R. S. Iyer
Thanks for your kind efforts.
I have two machine my laptop and PC. In laptop I have latest data in Fcharts. In PC I reinstalled windows. Hence I also reinstalled FChartsSE which is free and copied Prices folder from laptop to PC. As you said both were all in the left options after exchange. Still I didn't get any symbols. Hence I have to import data. this happened in 1.5.96F version.