FCHART Formula

Hi Seniors ,
I am sure some of u must be trading with the help of fcharts TA Software. Even though i have tried some formula's from the site ,I would like some experienced seniors to share their formulas they use in Fchart which they find highly successfull for a buy set up or sell

Hi,

You may try the following formula for short term Buy & Sell Signal:

(PREVIOUS MACDLINE < PREVIOUS MACD SIGNAL AND MACD LINE > MACD SIGNAL) AND (MA2 > PREVIOUS MA2 AND VOLUME > MAVOL)

Please put the same formula in (1) & (2). Now you change indicator settings of EMA1 to 9, 12, 26 & SMA1 to 13, 30 & 200. Please view the charts and see that indicator (1) & (2) are displayed in FCHART.

Cheers

Himadri Roy

(PREVIOUS MACDLINE < PREVIOUS MACD SIGNAL AND MACD LINE > MACD SIGNAL) AND (MA2 > PREVIOUS MA2 AND VOLUME > MAVOL)
Ummm. FCharts keywords must not have spaces - or you will get an error message.

This formula does run.
(PREVIOUS MACDLINE < PREVIOUS MACDSIGNAL AND MACDLINE > MACDSIGNAL) AND (MA2 > PREVIOUS MA2 AND VOLUME > MAVOL)

This formula is shorter to write.
( MACDLINE[1] < MACDSIGNAL[1] AND MACDLINE > MACDSIGNAL) AND (MA2 > MA2[1] AND V > MAVOL)

The advantgage of using the suffix [1] is that you could use [2] to access the PREVIOUS PREVIOUS MACDLINE - or you can use the keyword PREVIOUS more than once before an indicator's name.

Neil.

Last edited:
Hi Himadri.

i am new to fcharts, can u please let me know the formula for scanning candlestick patterns such as evening star.

please.

Hi,

You may try the following formula for short term Buy & Sell Signal:

Please put the same formula in (1) & (2). Now you change indicator settings of EMA1 to 9, 12, 26 & SMA1 to 13, 30 & 200. Please view the charts and see that indicator (1) & (2) are displayed in FCHART.

Cheers

Himadri Roy