Fchart Formula

I take this priviledge to inform all members of this forum who are using Fchart that Fcharts are also widely used all over the world alongwith other softwares like Metastock, Advanced get, Amobroker etc. I felt it necessary to open a new thred for Fchart users where they can have discussions specifically on Fchart rather than posting it all over the forum. I sent a request to "Traderji" who has kindly considered my request and allowed me to open the thred for Fchart in software catagory. I have been using Fchart Pro for last six years. In this forum I would be happy to to share my experience with all Fchart users.

In compliement of the above forum I am giving below the formula for "Inside Bar" in Fchart:-

Day traders will look forward for a stock which has made inside trading bar in last trading day to find out next days decissive move. Here is a formula for Inside Bar (((H < H[1], (H = H[1], (H - H[1] < 2)), (OR (L > L[1], L = L[1], (C[1] - C) < 2))))). Put the formula in UDI. When its value is -1.0, its a inside Bar, otherwise its value is always 0. To scan inside bar put formula UDI = -1.0 and LastDayOnly = true and find out which are the stocks have formed inside bar in last trading day.

Cheers

Himadri:

I take this priviledge to inform all members of this forum who are using Fchart that Fcharts are also widely used all over the world alongwith other softwares like Metastock, Advanced get, Amobroker etc. I felt it necessary to open a new thred for Fchart users where they can have discussions specifically on Fchart rather than posting it all over the forum. I sent a request to "Traderji" who has kindly considered my request and allowed me to open the thred for Fchart in software catagory. I have been using Fchart Pro for last six years. In this forum I would be happy to to share my experience with all Fchart users.

In compliement of the above forum I am giving below the formula for "Inside Bar" in Fchart:-

Day traders will look forward for a stock which has made inside trading bar in last trading day to find out next days decissive move. Here is a formula for Inside Bar (((H < H[1], (H = H[1], (H - H[1] < 2)), (OR (L > L[1], L = L[1], (C[1] - C) < 2))))). Put the formula in UDI. When its value is -1.0, its a inside Bar, otherwise its value is always 0. To scan inside bar put formula UDI = -1.0 and LastDayOnly = true and find out which are the stocks have formed inside bar in last trading day.

Cheers

Himadri:
Dear Himadri, u r correct FCHART is widely used in many countries and is very userfriendly also. This is a nice attempt for novice like me. looking forward for more formula like buy/sell signal for stocks
regard
Anand

Dear Anand,
There are several formulas for Buy & Sell in Fchart Pro. If you have any specific queries, please let me know.

Cheers

Himadri
Sir, I want to watch for a long position for swing trading how and wht formula can i put into FCHART plz tell me I am enclosing one file aegischem.png can i have a view like this. regards anand

If you are using Fchart Pro, Please put the following formula for the short term swing trading

In formula entry select type (1) and write " CCI > 100 AND CCI > CCI2 " and select type (2), write " CCI < -100 AND CCI < CCI2 ".

Now you you will see (1) & (2) will display on the chart . (1) stands for Buy and (2) stands for Sell.

Cheers

Himadri

If you are using Fchart Pro, Please put the following formula for the short term swing trading

In formula entry select type (1) and write " CCI > 100 AND CCI > CCI2 " and select type (2), write " CCI < -100 AND CCI < CCI2 ".

Now you you will see (1) & (2) will display on the chart . (1) stands for Buy and (2) stands for Sell.

Cheers

Himadri

Thanks but gives error message "error parsing unknown variable"

Anand,

If you are using the Fchart SE (Free Version), the formula won't work. In Fchart Pro just copy paste the formula between "" "" in the respected formula box and try.

Himadri

Anand,

If you are using the Fchart SE (Free Version), the formula won't work. In Fchart Pro just copy paste the formula between "" "" in the respected formula box and try.

Himadri
Is FChart pro is a paid version then plz inform wht is the cost of it and is it worth purchasing or better if i purchase Amibroker as one of my friend suggested since i am novoice plz advice me.

Regards

Anand

Anand,

Cost of Fchart Pro is approx $140.00. I have been using this software for last six years and find it quite user friendly. However it is individual choice whatever software you use. I also advice you to use trial version of Amibroker before you buy and try to find out which one is comfortable to you.

Cheers

Himadri

Sirs,
I am a new entrant to the art of TA.. and am trying out the free packages like Aptistock & Fcharts. I could figure out Apti (loaded all hist data and am loading daily the data from the yahoo group) and in the case of Fchart I used a downloader and got my DB uptodate. Now the issue on which I would appreciate yr help is to give me some formulas I could try out in Fcharts. I hv put the formulas given in their web site. If any others r there pls pass them on.
Thnx
Kok