face value

Anyone ,who earned more than His/her losses in stock market?

Whether it's in cash segment or F&O.How many people here, are in the positive side of their account?Anyway..I guess..list will be too short.

rvm123

Re: Anyone ,who earned more than His/her losses in stock market?

if u buy fundamentally strong scrips and wait for longer time, u surely will get profits. this is my experience. If not in all 100% cases, at least in 80-90% of the cases, u will gain

2006 Started Tradeing with Investments 100 k
2007 Happy to see money grow in some profit almost 20k in delivery Cash
So ventured out on Derivatives FnO initially earned 10 K in single trade
Further experiments in margin and margin plus
Increased cash to my account about 400,00 k did margin, FnO Loss (50,000)
2008 Invetsment and Trading Loss 200,000 kept on adding fresh money
Total loss (400,000)
Realized Trading is not my cup of tea need more experience ventured into investing
2009 : continued adding good scripts averge as markets moved downwards
2010 : More deciplined approach formalized in investments

Today All Lossess are gone with 100,000K profit and good collection of companies which will perform in future.. also MF profit more than 50 K so overall 3-4 years venture of more than 800,000 money invested profit of 200,000 which si 50 K per year not bad when markets were bear phase and I was new learner

NANDAMAD

Hi i am new member. As per above topic i am one of those who lost more than i earned. Can anyone help me to recover?

i have also lost more than i earned in trading but in investment i havnt lost

Hello,

I am a student and i started investing from 2006 taking money from my father. My portfolio was almost down by 90 % during the recent crash , but i didn't panic and had patience.

Of course I have averaged good scrips at good price....and now my rate of return is 103 % as of today.

My biggest intraday loss was 1200/- on a single day. I stopped day trading and instead started focusing on investing.

Don't take decisions by watching TV or Research Reports..

If anyone is good at fundamentals then just consider one example

Venkey's India which was around 150 last year is now trading above 945 and it seems to reach a level of 1300- 1400 after some correction

Main Logic behind this is Low Equity scrip with high profits....Stock price Zoomed as a result of this

Happy Investing

alroyraj

Whether it's in cash segment or F&O.How many people here, are in the positive side of their account?Anyway..I guess..list will be too short.
Losses bring with it loss of confidence. But the positive aspect is that you have the opportunity to review the weaknesses of your trading method.
Every style of trading has some scenarios it is profitable in.
Say it could be trading breakouts, range trading,trend following ,etc.
More specifically each of these methods work beautifully with some scripts but not so well with others. Shortlist these. It is a boring phase sitting during market hours and testing strategy,entries and exits but this virtual trading prevents loss of money on an ill thought method.
Some mistakes we repeat so coin the rule in your own words and repeat it like a mantra before you enter the trade.eg. Trade in the direction of the main trend.
I have recovered this way.
Save your technique and start afresh. later merge the compatible complementary methods to obtain a method which you test out.
Choose the segment suitable to you: equity or FnO etc.

saivenkat

From the posts seen so far, it has been ascribed to investing is the safe form of earning, but that may be so in case of few.

Good strategy and good technique will bring good amount of money even in day trading.

Those persons who lose money in day trading are those who trade without any idea of what they do, without planning their trades.

As i said earlier, It takes a long time and good amount of homework in finding a good system and technique which suits your style of trading. If its done, you could earn at your will.

BTW, Madhuri ji, why not you restrict yourselves with one or two threads your discussion you create in this forum, because when you start multiple threads, one finds very difficult to follow up their discussions here. Just my 2 cents.

Saivenkat:)