F&O Trade Diary - Manny

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Closed 25300 CE @ 0.90 with full loss and closed rel infra CE also in loss.

Too volatile market and too hot to handle. May be i should take a brake for couple of days.
its sad that you could not sold it yesterday due to your boss. but things happen .

kingsmasher1

Your thread is very interesting, i was following your thread bec even i used to trade very regularly in BankNifty options till i switched my company this year May.

Now trading is restricted for me to only vacations or when i am in leave, since my current job has almost no WFH privileges.

So please do trade regularly and post it to keep us entertained :)

Last edited:

manny.here

Your thread is very interesting, i was following your thread bec even i used to trade very regularly in BankNifty options till i switched my company this year May.

Now trading is restricted for me to only vacations or when i am in leave, since my current job has almost no WFH privileges.

So please do trade regularly and post it to keep us entertained :)
Thanks KM for encouragement.

I'll start it again , Just taking a break. More than anything this volatility is making me nervous. Stop loss of 15/20 points is gone in 10 mins and due to open cubicle system I can not ensure that I am able to to watch it regularly. Took some losses all because of this.

My capital does not allow me to take big stop loss and more than 4 consecutive losses. So trying to save capital for tomorrow.

anildnr

Thanks KM for encouragement.

I'll start it again , Just taking a break. More than anything this volatility is making me nervous. Stop loss of 15/20 points is gone in 10 mins and due to open cubicle system I can not ensure that I am able to to watch it regularly. Took some losses all because of this.

My capital does not allow me to take big stop loss and more than 4 consecutive losses. So trying to save capital for tomorrow.
Hi manny..no need to trade everyday. And also keeping targets and posting here will give you pressure and force you to to take trades more.
Just be confident and learn options writing also if you are interested. As the market is too volatile nowadays it can give huge profits sometimes if luck favours us.but at the same time hitting stop losses also easy because of these wild swings.

manny.here

NT bro !!!

1. Use SL as per Pivot or fixed percentage of instruments ,which ever is less, how to find out ?? only through back test

2. Trading needs a method with edge,edge should not only through profit factor ,but also the SL level,don't concentrate on individual trades,we need series of trades,successful trading needs winning more then what we lose

3. in my case running trade entry was mistake ,in previous years it was weekly affair for me :mad:,but now i,m facing this after 6 months..till i have a lose limit per day in this case also..

4. if you are effected by fearing of losing , that means you have not covered back test part very well end result trust deficiency !!!

Back testing : Just copied from my Old post

View attachment 30085

But there are two more items which we should check, one is luck factor and another recovery factor

Luck factor: (% of highest winning trade / % of average winning trade). it should be very less, if it is 5 or 7 then system success depends of few extraordinary trades,which is not good !!!

Recovery factor : ( total net profit / absolute draw down) it should more then 2

Profit factor: Edge of the system
Adding good posts here which I have to work later on