F&O Trade Diary - Manny

manny.here

I'll be starting trade in F&O segment from October 1st 2018. I am going to maintain this as a diary of my trades.

Taking this as a challenge to trade in F&O and come out profitably . I know the timing is not great but somewhere sometime need to start.

Starting capital - 10K
Target - double in a month
Conditions :
- Only trade in options as Future is out of my budget now.
- Mostly Nifty and BankNifty options
- However I can trade in other share options provided they are in my budget and Zerodha allows it
- One trade at a time
- 5 Min and 15 min charts will be used for the trades

Last edited:

manny.here

Looks like selected wrong time like the IPO issues which are planned during current period. Anyways looking ahead for a stormy opening of my fno challenge.

Thinking of having starting capital of 20K to 25K as I'll be out of fund for most of the option choices. I may have to buy very far option strikes which requires sharp move to get any profit. All other conditions remain same

OneThatGotAway

don;t have money for future then save up ... sometimes not trading is also part of winning.

naa i lost a lot in option trading... out of money option never works...
if u do choose option it has to be always in the money or thing that is soon going to be in the money like far 20 50 points...nifty option
else option never works out ...
My last out of money option adventure took all my future trading profits which i made in 3 months in just 1 day :xD...

futures --> u at least have chance to win if u have capacity to pay margin and roll over.
in option --> u loose moment your option goes out of money.

moral of story :-- stay away from out of money option

Last edited:

manny.here

Started with 25K capital.

Added 2 lots of Banknifty 25000 ce @246.50 with 235 as stop loss
Stop loss triggered and then went to 300 :)

Overall started with loss . Could not buy Kotak bank 1100 CE . I think some rule of Zerodha stopped it . "RMS:Blocked for OPTSTK MKT nse_fo broker- ZERODHA Remarks: Option Stock market orders are not allowed block type: ALL". Anyway will look at the reason later at night.

manny.here

don;t have money for future then save up ... sometimes not trading is also part of winning.

naa i lost a lot in option trading... out of money option never works...
if u do choose option it has to be always in the money or thing that is soon going to be in the money like far 20 50 points...nifty option
else option never works out ...
My last out of money option adventure took all my future trading profits which i made in 3 months in just 1 day :xD...

futures --> u at least have chance to win if u have capacity to pay margin and roll over.
in option --> u loose moment your option goes out of money.

moral of story :-- stay away from out of money option
Thanks OneThatGotAway for your valuable suggestion. Actually I increased money for buying in the money option.

My aim is to learn the game and its underlying rules so that I can be prepared and work on this from 2019. Starting with options as by default risk is limited. Main reason I have not started in futures is coz I am working so wont be able to see the market regularly .

Thanks for your guidance and definitely I am going to work on the same.

manny.here

Finally was able to close the day in profit. Took several trades to get the profit which is not a very good thing.

But happy to end first day in profit.

Could not put the trades here due to office constraint , I'll add details of trade later in the evening.

manny.here

Trades on 1st October:

Capture - 1st Oct.PNG

Total Trades - 13
Initial Capital - 25000
Profit - 3335

Notes :
1) Brokerages and Charges are not considered
2) Trades done is same instrument are clubbed together in this excel

Rules for this Challenge :
1) Max trade per day should not be more than 5
2) Stop Loss should be entered as soon as trade taken . 2 trades taken where stop loss nit given along with trade and loss happened in just 5 mins.