Extremely thankful to Traderji.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

suri112000

It has been years since I entered trading area. My relentless search for a successful strategy which suits my psychology has finally been found. My journey into trading has seen lot of ups and downs. Ups included winning a couple Zerodha 60 days challenges and Downs included loosing large amount of money in trading and trading related activities.

Most of you will not believe it that I saw this strategy right here in Traderji.com a few years back. I thought it was another usual strategy and not given much attention. Surprisingly this is the one I have been looking for all these years. My conscious was alerting me that.... it is right there. Look at it with open eyes. Wow ! What a surprise....I could not see the thing which is just infront of my eyes. Thats the difference. Seeing with Mind and seeing with eyes.

Never stop and never give up.

You will surely end up striking the Gold Mine.:)

All the best mates and wish you all a successful trading and abundant wealth.

Finally, my Gratitude and immense thanks to Traderji, Moderator SmartTrade who has been my inspiration all these years, lot of boarders who are very cooperative and having knowledge sharing spirit with whom i have interacted here and the other forums. Its been active 6 years journey associated with forum and trading.

It has been years since I entered trading area. My relentless search for a successful strategy which suits my psychology has finally been found. My journey into trading has seen lot of ups and downs. Ups included winning a couple Zerodha 60 days challenges and Downs included loosing large amount of money in trading and trading related activities.

Most of you will not believe it that I saw this strategy right here in Traderji.com a few years back. I thought it was another usual strategy and not given much attention. Surprisingly this is the one I have been looking for all these years. My conscious was alerting me that.... it is right there. Look at it with open eyes. Wow ! What a surprise....I could not see the thing which is just infront of my eyes. Thats the difference. Seeing with Mind and seeing with eyes.

Finally, my Gratitude and immense thanks to Traderji, Moderator SmartTrade who has been my inspiration all these years, lot of boarders who are very cooperative and having knowledge sharing spirit with whom i have interacted here and the other forums. Its been active 6 years journey associated with forum and trading.
Hi Suri,

Glad to know that you found a trading strategy which blends perfectly with your mindset and trading beliefs.There comes a time in every trader's journey where he finds a perfect strategy suitable for him and then his search for new methods stops and he proceeds on the path of MM,risk control,high RR etc in his trading journey.He then learns new things and adds those to his core strategy.

Best wishes for continued success....

Smart_trade

:clapping:

Similar Thanks goes to you also for sharing so many of your experiments.

Besides the simple entry/exit triggers, you have been talking about the Other Aspects of successful trading
May be only few realize it, but sure it has helped many to start looking into MM, Risk Management,
Sizing and specially Sizing wrt winning/losing Streaks etc.

All the Best :thumb:

Happy :)

What strategy from traderji.com.........which suits your psychology......:)

HEM

Reyansh

@suri112000

First of all: Congratulations for this.

One or two questions of course still remain for the rest of your not outspoken in your writings. Questions in those connection I guess you know they would come out of the forum to face you and I think this was already expected from your side. So not sure why you not even wrote one word about it.

So is your strategy enlarged from the original posted or is this strategy taken over in plain vanilla way from its original?

Because you have indicated a lot of strategies here or discussed, specially which in any manner are so-called hedges, (as I have checked your postings so far) one may suppose those strategy you talk about also respond in this direction, maybe at all even has some kind of professional name or even several names in combination?

suri112000

While testing numerous strategies, I have found out that fixed stop loss and fixed target method is not giving fruitful results. We tend to be regid either on stop loss hits or profit target hits. Even this is not giving the desired results.

The most important cue I have got is from VJAY thread which is unfortunately deleted. I have closely followed his thread for about a year. He successfully traded Nifty futures. His stop loss and profit target are not fixed. It is very dynamic as per the movement of the market. Plain vanilla strategies lack this very important feature.

Even a buy/sell AFL gives a beautiful entry signal meeting all the criterian barring some signals especially when market gaps up or down. But none of these AFLs are successful in effectively managing the trade. It has taken much time for me to understand this basic flaw and kept on shifting between AFLs and systems and optimising them for a successful system/AFL.

At this stage, I am certain that any mediocre AFL will do for best entry criteria.

Now, I want two things to accomplish in order to make it successful strategy.

1. The strategy should dynamically invalidate entry criteria to exit the trade on loss. Here I am not talking about reverse signal. I am talking about invalidation of earlier entry criteria.
2. The strategy should dynamically adjust itself to juice out maximum profit potential if point 1 fails.

You can clearly see both conditions are very dynamic and have no fixed points.

Here came to my rescue, numerous multitime frame strategies/SAR based AFLs posted in this forum.
Once a boarder told me .... donot see what you think but try to see what it is. It really took a while to understand what he means.
SAR based systems are dynamic and have no fixed stops and profit targets. I imported this feature into my system sparingly.
Multitimeframe systems are confluence of various TFs and when all TFs line up, you have deadly combination. I have used it liberally.

Another important aspect of VJAY thread, is to be SOH. Means the system should enable me to trade only high probability trades and avoid low probability trades. Checked with final version to see if the system is overtrading. It hardly makes one trade per day on an average.

I know some of you would expect me to share it here. I am really not helping you if I do that. If you really want to succeed there is no short cut and you have to undergo the whole process yourself.

Last edited:

Reyansh

Thanks nicely for your answer. In other words: It is a directional strategy and not one of which you spoke in other threads about, which are based quit a few times on hedges in different ways.

Just curious: With the help of yours other postings you know a lot with not directional ideas. Why is any of them not involved in your core strategy as not in all markets directional ideas work out fine?

Trading trending markets are easy and has lower risk.The RR is good,success rate is high.Non trending sideways markets are difficult to trade, have low RR and success rate.You need different strategies for both the markets.

Smart_trade

suri112000

Thanks nicely for your answer. In other words: It is a directional strategy and not one of which you spoke in other threads about, which are based quit a few times on hedges in different ways.

Just curious: With the help of yours other postings you know a lot with not directional ideas. Why is any of them not involved in your core strategy as not in all markets directional ideas work out fine?
Sufficiently ahead of expiry I enter options trade with expectation enough move in either direction and change the structure in such a way that if the trade fails i will loose a maximum of 40 points and if i stand to gain i gain anywhere from 100 to 240 points in that trade. Aligning this trade with market direction is important. Each attempt of alignment costs you points which should be gained from the other strategy. It is upto the trader's experience or risk tolerance level how he goes about it.

Now, this particular strategy which i am talking about in this thread is justifiably expected to squeeze out a minimum of 40 points in a month's time to make the above structure a cost less trade if not a profitable one at the initiation itself. Overall I am risking almost zero points to gain 100 to 240 or more points in a month.

Hope your doubts are clarified.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.