Explanation and Basic Things.

He should stop using that version because he is using an illegal cracked version sold by a scammer. He should go to legal authorities and stop paying to a scammer. End of story.

You are inciting him doing illegal actions. And what you say about differences of 5.4 and 5.6 is total nonsense. There are miles of differences and improvements.
@ Trash,

I am telling him the "truth of practical life", he ALREADY paid the money and in no position to get it back, so what should he do now & what can he do now. When his Amibroker will stop working, he will have NOTHING to do EXCEPT to buy a genuine copy, but WHY NOW, why not let him wait & "use" that money up to the extreme he already spent. What I understand, he still did NOT pay whole amount yet OR still he is getting Futures Data from him, so still he may try his luck with it.

I ask YOU, what would YOU do in the same situation after you unknowingly paid this amount to a scammer, how will you get your money back (I don't think there is a way to get that), how would you take action against that scammer (going with the law will cast you more pain and more money in formalities etc), and final choice, buy a genuine copy, that I agree bro that he should BUT WHY NOW, why not after using this version for some time until it gets blocked. AND HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT HE IS USING AN ILLEGAL CRACKED VERSION, in my opinion he is (may be) using the version on sharing basis which the "owner" shared originally.

Further, I have used both 5.4 and 5.6 and using 5.60.2 these days. I request you to read once more what I wrote about the "difference" within both versions. I wrote "Amibroker v5.40 (your version) and Amibroker v5.60 (latest version) are mostly same with a minor changes which usually help the advanced ones and NOT us, the beginners with Amibroker." I consider "him" and "my own self" a beginner with Amibroker and there is NO HARM in considering this bro.

I never thought my words I wrote in my earlier post would cause you (or anybody else) to go deep with regard to judgments for "legal" and "illegal" activities, and if this is the case, I would request Admins to delete my posts within this thread. BUT STILL, I personally am with the opinion that he has now nothing to lose (he lost amount already), so why not let him continue with that version until it gets blocked.

Cheerz

shekharz

trash

I'm not repeating myself. If he is using an illegal version then he is acting illegally too.
What he should do is contacting Amibroker and send the online info of the seller and ask if the seller is a reseller or a scammer. If they say that they don't know of such person or service then it's clear what's going on.

He even wrote
I am worried because I have not received any CD, registration or money receipt.
So in fact to me it even sounds like he is still running a demo but paying money for it. So he says that he hasn't received a key file to make it registered.

Further, I have used both 5.4 and 5.6 and using 5.60.2 these days. I request you to read once more what I wrote about the "difference" within both versions. I wrote "Amibroker v5.40 (your version) and Amibroker v5.60 (latest version) are mostly same with a minor changes which usually help the advanced ones and NOT us, the beginners with Amibroker." I consider "him" and "my own self" a beginner with Amibroker and there is NO HARM in considering
No matter if you are beginner or not. It's still nonsense because you have no clue in this regards. The differences are huge and not minor.

I'm not repeating myself. If he is using an illegal version then he is acting illegally too.
What he should do is contacting Amibroker and send the online info of the seller and ask if the seller is a reseller or a scammer. If they say that they don't know of such person or service then it's clear what's going on.

He even wrote

So in fact to me it even sounds like he is still running a demo but paying money for it. So he says that he hasn't received a key file to make it registered.

No matter if you are beginner or not. It's still nonsense because you have no clue in this regards. The differences are huge and not minor.
Trash Dear,

Suppose if he contacts Amibroker.Com and disclose the facts, then what, Amibroker.Com will surely take action against ONLY the scammer and he will NEVER compensate the "scammed", right, and in such case, our fellow Sandip will anyhow be empty handed AFTER paying the amount which is certainly NOT a good thing for him, especially in the beginning of his trading career. Now what you wrote is, like he is still running a demo but paying money for it, and I disagree with you here because in his "thanks" post, he clearly wrote the version is registered in a name other than the seller which clearly shows that his version is at least registered, with what name does not matter here. (PS : Oh yes, and if it is a cracked version, that must have already been blocked long ago and Sandip or anybody could never run it in Real-Time for more than a mere couple of days. A "Cracked" version IS SURELY a disaster and I am pretty sure that Sandip is NOT running a cracked one.)

Your way of writing suggests to me that you have a pretty good knowledge of Amibroker. Bhai, a request, would you like to share your experience regarding such "differences" so that me as well as other fellow members may benefit from your knowledge. (PS : Please don't tell me about speed or anything else which relates to computer hardware, but please share the experience regarding overall performance like "ease of use" in comparison to earlier versions, change in features which can NOT easily be diagnosed BUT they are helpful for beginners or intermediate users, etc)

Cheerz

shekharz

Last edited:

trash

Trash Dear,

Suppose if he contacts Amibroker.Com and disclose the facts, then what, Amibroker.Com will surely take action against ONLY the scammer and he will NEVER compensate the "scammed", right, and in such case, our fellow Sandip will anyhow be empty handed AFTER paying the amount which is certainly NOT a good thing for him, especially in the beginning of his trading career. Now what you wrote is, like he is still running a demo but paying money for it, and I disagree with you here because in his "thanks" post, he clearly wrote the version is registered in a name other than the seller which clearly shows that his version is at least registered, with what name does not matter here. (PS : Oh yes, and if it is a cracked version, that must have already been blocked long ago and Sandip or anybody could never run it in Real-Time for more than a mere couple of days. A "Cracked" version IS SURELY a disaster and I am pretty sure that Sandip is NOT running a cracked one.)
Sh^t happens like in trading there is a stop loss and a take profit. This is his stop loss that got hit. You and I make stupid decisions our whole life long. He complained that he has not received anything in regards to CD, registration etc. Then suddenly he says he has registration. So to be honest I'm tired of all this as long as he isn't clear about what's really going on. You don't know it I don't know it.

He wants advice. I told him to go to Amibroker directly. The sh^t is in the can. So now it's time to act to put the sh^t aside. If he is happy using a possibly illegal version then why does he complain here? So it rather seems as if he is not happy with current state at all. So if you are not happy and you have fallen into a possible trap you can't much do then accept what's happened and move onwards and do the right thing.

I'm not even fully sure if he is allowed to buy by another Amibroker user who sells it since files can be copied and the seller can still use the same file although being sold to someone else. So it can be still illegal what he is doing. AFAIK you are not allowed to sell your registration file accept you are reselling partner of Amibroker. So he should contact AB to make sure who the seller is and if he is allowed to do so. The software was made by AmiBroker and no one else so the first address is to go to Amibroker.com. End of story for me. I'm not interested in any more discussion of this.

Bhai, a request, would you like to share your experience regarding such "differences" so that me as well as other fellow members may benefit from your knowledge. (PS : Please don't tell me about speed or anything else which relates to computer hardware, but please share the experience regarding overall performance like "ease of use" in comparison to earlier versions, change in features which can NOT easily be diagnosed BUT they are helpful for beginners or intermediate users, etc)
You can look at the changes in the development log of Amibroker or release notes file of 5.60. The list is long since 5.40 and it makes no sense to sum up the whole list. Long story short the differences are not minor at all. Just a short list, new functions, new analysis which is completely multithreaded and can be run multiple instances instead of just one for one AB instance like in 5.40, XY (scatter) charts and mini bar chart in Explorations, new chart improvements, new themes, import of sectors and industries from other sources and so on and of course fixes.

Last edited:
Sh^t happens like in trading there is a stop loss and a take profit. This is his stop loss that got hit. You and I make stupid decisions our whole life long. He complained that he has not received anything in regards to CD, registration etc. Then suddenly he says he has registration. So to be honest I'm tired of all this as long as he isn't clear about what's really going on. You don't know it I don't know it.

He wants advice. I told him to go to Amibroker directly. The sh^t is in the can. So now it's time to act to put the sh^t aside. If he is happy using a possibly illegal version then why does he complain here? So it rather seems as if he is not happy with current state at all. So if you are not happy and you have fallen into a possible trap you can't much do then accept what's happened and move onwards and do the right thing.

I'm not even fully sure if he is allowed to buy by another Amibroker user who sells it since files can be copied and the seller can still use the same file although being sold to someone else. So it can be still illegal what he is doing. AFAIK you are not allowed to sell your registration file accept you are reselling partner of Amibroker. So he should contact AB to make sure who the seller is and if he is allowed to do so. The software was made by AmiBroker and no one else so the first address is to go to Amibroker.com. End of story for me. I'm not interested in any more discussion of this.

You can look at the changes in the development log of Amibroker or release notes file of 5.60. The list is long since 5.40 and it makes no sense to sum up the whole list. Long story short the differences are not minor at all. Just a short list, new functions, new analysis which is completely multithreaded and can be run multiple instances instead of just one for one AB instance like in 5.40, XY (scatter) charts and mini bar chart in Explorations, new chart improvements, new themes, import of sectors and industries from other sources and so on and of course fixes.
Trash Dear,

In RED above, I am with you too, I am also fed up with all these now, so no more discussions upon these points.

In BLUE above, yes, the list is long but I could not still get it up to the mark, my bad, but still I am happy with what I have within Amibroker & what I understand in it.

Cheers

shekharz

mastermind007

A purchased Amibroker online and the person concerned installed it through Amiadmin for a fee of Rs. 12,500/- which he says is for lifetime. I am worried because I have not received any CD, registration or money receipt. The seller could just vanish. this version of the software 5.40 Professional says it is free (I need to restart the program some times for this reason) but why do I have to pay then? The seller is charging me Rs.500/- pm extra for futures data. Please advice.
What kind of Futures data is it? Simplest way to look at this is that someone sold you your ignorance. I too paid same rate. In fact, he gave me 1000Rs discount after I agreed to 5000Rs for the year. I learnt from my mistakes and did not pay him next year.

MANISH_DAMANI

What kind of Futures data is it? Simplest way to look at this is that someone sold you your ignorance. I too paid same rate. In fact, he gave me 1000Rs discount after I agreed to 5000Rs for the year. I learnt from my mistakes and did not pay him next year.
I have purchased it in around 2010 professional version. But I am still using it without paying it. Have you not get any registration key then complain against him because registration key come directly from AMI admin. If you are buying data then might be what ever charges are you paying that is genuine. But it is registered in your name or not just check in software. As you paid online to him then enough proof you have. But for that hard work have to be done. By the way from whom you taken?:):thumb:

mastermind007

Seems like Manish's comments are directed to Sandip although he has quoted my question.

Two types of alfs regarding the RSi one is connors rsi and other turbo rsi.
don't know much about these , what the difs etc., but giving here in quotes both.

/*

Turbo_JRSX : a better RSI ?

Ported from Metatrader.
Original source code : http://codebase.mql4.com/source/6182

*/

SetChartOptions (0, 0, chartGrid20 | chartGrid50 | chartGrid80);

Len = Param ( "Periods", 12, 1, 200, 1 );

function JRSX ( Period )
{

f88 = 0; f90 = 0; f0 = 0; v4 = 0; v8 = 0; vC = 0; v10 = 0; v14 = 0; v18 = 0; v20 = 0;
f8 = 0; f10 = 0; f18 = 0; f20 = 0; f28 = 0; f30 = 0; f38 = 0; f48 = 0; v1C = 0;
f50 = 0; f58 = 0; f60 = 0; f68 = 0; f70 = 0; f78 = 0; f80 = 0; f40 = 0;

f90 = 1.0;
f0 = 0.0;

if ( Period-1 >= 5 )
f88 = Period-1.0;
else
f88 = 5.0;

f8 = 100.0 * ((H[0]+L[0]+Close[0])/3);
f18 = 3.0 / (Period + 2.0);
f20 = 1.0 - f18;

for ( i = 1; i < BarCount; i++ )
{
if (f88 <= f90) f90 = f88 + 1; else f90 = f90 + 1;
f10 = f8;
// f8 = 100*Close;
f8 = 100.0*((H+L+C)/3);
v8 = f8 - f10;
f28 = f20 * f28 + f18 * v8;
f30 = f18 * f28 + f20 * f30;
vC = f28 * 1.5 - f30 * 0.5;
f38 = f20 * f38 + f18 * vC;
f40 = f18 * f38 + f20 * f40;
v10 = f38 * 1.5 - f40 * 0.5;
f48 = f20 * f48 + f18 * v10;
f50 = f18 * f48 + f20 * f50;
v14 = f48 * 1.5 - f50 * 0.5;
f58 = f20 * f58 + f18 * abs (v8);
f60 = f18 * f58 + f20 * f60;
v18 = f58 * 1.5 - f60 * 0.5;
f68 = f20 * f68 + f18 * v18;

f70 = f18 * f68 + f20 * f70;
v1C = f68 * 1.5 - f70 * 0.5;
f78 = f20 * f78 + f18 * v1C;
f80 = f18 * f78 + f20 * f80;
v20 = f78 * 1.5 - f80 * 0.5;

if ((f88 >= f90) && (f8 != f10)) f0 = 1.0;
if ((f88 == f90) && (f0 == 0.0)) f90 = 0.0;
if ((f88 < f90) && (v20 > 0.0000000001))
{
v4 = (v14 / v20 + 1.0) * 50.0;
if (v4 > 100.0) v4 = 100.0;
if (v4 < 0.0) v4 = 0.0;
}
else
{
v4 = 50.0;
}

rsx = v4;
}

return rsx;
}

Plot ( JRSX(Len), "Turbo JRSX", ParamColor ( "Color", colorCycle ), ParamStyle ("Style"), 0, 100 );

//Connor's RSI (Larry Connors). Code for function provided by Connors Research

paramLenRSI = Param("RSI Closes Length", 3, 2, 100, 1);
paramLenUD = Param("RSI UpClose Length", 2, 2, 100, 1);
paramLenRank = Param("PerecentRank Length", 100, 10, 200, 1);

function ConnorsRSI(lenRSI, lenUD, lenROC)
{
upDays = BarsSince(C <= Ref(C,-1));
downDays = BarsSince(C >= Ref(C,-1));
updownDays = IIf(upDays > 0, upDays, IIf(downDays > 0, -downDays, 0));
crsi = ( PercentRank(ROC(C,1), lenROC) + RSIa(updownDays,lenUD) +
RSI(lenRSI))/3;
return crsi;
}

Plot( ConnorsRSI(paramLenRSI,paramLenUD,paramLenRank)
, "ConnorsRSI("+paramLenRSI+","+paramLenUD+","+paramLenRank+")"
, colorBlue, styleLine, 0, 100);

/* Connors RSI is a composite indicator consisting of the mathematical
summation of 3 components:
1. Price Momentum: By default, ConnorsRSI uses a standard 3 period Wilder RSI
for the 1st component.
2. Duration of Up Trend vs. Down Trend "Streak" days: Connors research shows
that the longer the number
of consecutive days up OR down, the more likely the security is likely to
bounce when it reverts to the mean.
Likewise, the *magnitude* of the mean reversion snap-back is correlated with
the streak length.
The 2nd indicator uses integer values to quantify the number of streak days,
AND applies a default
2 Day Wilder RSI to this integer series.
3. Relative Magnitude of Price Change: This 3rd component uses the PercentRank
function over a
default value of 100 days (approx. 5 months) to measure price change as a
percentage of the
previous Day's price, AND rank the current value over the lookback period.
Large positive returns
will have a rank closer to 100, large negative returns will have a percent
rank closer to 0.

The final oscillator takes this form (default values):
ConnorsRSI(3,2,100) = [RSI(Close,3) + RSI(Streak,2) + PercentRank(100)] / 3
Connor's Research purports this robust indicator is more effective than any of
the three components use
individually, AND in fact the blended effect of the mathematical summation
allows the strong value from
one indicator to compensate for a slightly weaker value from another, in a way
yielding superior results
than a voting system between the 3.