Expert Comment Requested - How to run Amibroker on Tablet PC

Hello,
Not sure if any post, in any forum, carries information on how to run Amibroker (Windows application) on Android loaded Tablet PC.
I've purchased a Tablet PC and want to run Amibroker on the same. Its OS is Android 2.2.

Can some Expert please advise whether it is possible and how?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Warm Regards...Rajesh Bhapkar

gunsho

Hello,
Not sure if any post, in any forum, carries information on how to run Amibroker (Windows application) on Android loaded Tablet PC.
I've purchased a Tablet PC and want to run Amibroker on the same. Its OS is Android 2.2.

Can some Expert please advise whether it is possible and how?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Warm Regards...Rajesh Bhapkar
Currently there are no emulators to run windows app in android. The other way, emulators are available.

well it's possible to manage amibroker on tablet pc.
I have asus transformer tf101, and it's working fine to handle ie. signals and take action.

gunsho

well it's possible to manage amibroker on tablet pc.
I have asus transformer tf101, and it's working fine to handle ie. signals and take action.
There are tablet PCs coming with Windows installed in them, which should not have any problem in installing amibroker.

If you have an android tablet and you managed to install amibroker on android tablet, can you explain how you were able to do that?

Im often abroad with my tf101. At home I left a pc running, which started each morning automaticly, and also updated the database of amiquote automaticly and then started amibroker.
On that pc, I installed teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com/nl/index.aspx), which is free.
On the android tablet and androidphone, in installed teamviewer for android, using the marketplace (also free)

So in that way, using my tablet and phone, I was able to login to my pc, view amibroker, look for signals, and also to shutdown the pc.
It simply allows you to remotely control you pc, like you were behind it, very easily!
While performance isn't perfect, it was sufficient for what I wanted needed it to do.

a windows 8 tablet, or a laptop, with amibroker installed will be a better sollution.

Hope this explains it a bit.

sumosanammain

Im often abroad with my tf101. At home I left a pc running, which started each morning automaticly, and also updated the database of amiquote automaticly and then started amibroker.
On that pc, I installed teamviewer (http://www.teamviewer.com/nl/index.aspx), which is free.
On the android tablet and androidphone, in installed teamviewer for android, using the marketplace (also free)

So in that way, using my tablet and phone, I was able to login to my pc, view amibroker, look for signals, and also to shutdown the pc.
It simply allows you to remotely control you pc, like you were behind it, very easily!
While performance isn't perfect, it was sufficient for what I wanted needed it to do.

a windows 8 tablet, or a laptop, with amibroker installed will be a better sollution.

Could you explain what software you use to turn on the computer in the morning?
And what program do you use to automate the various processes? Some macro editor?

the program i used was wakeuponstandby.
http://dennisbabkin.com/wosb/

it also will allow to run multiple programs after each other.
so first update amiquote, then start amibroker.

no need for macros etc. this is it.

it's now about using the right commandline.

http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_amiquote2.html

Quote.EXE /autoupdate

but this is from memory. I have bought a laptop since a week or 2, so im not using this anymore.
It takes a bit of fiddeling, and you need to set your computer up to sleep / hibernate.
Goodluck Sir!

gunsho

Understood. Ami runs in the PC and you view it using teamviewer. Good workaround for tablets.

Einstein

there are some paid apps which can run .exe files on android. kinda like WineHQ. you can run apps like calculator.exe but not complicated programs like amibroker or photoshop.. even if you did. it will be buggy for sure..