Expected return on investment/trading per year

What is your expected return on investment/trading per year ?

• Total voters

john302928

Hi
I would like to understand the expected return on investment/trading per year on individuals perspective.
There is no Up limit for expected return on investment. But we might have some plans while trading or investing with some expectation
I am aware that everyone has own expected return on investment. by creating this poll I am trying to understand what could be the fair expected return on investment.
say one can invest on 1 jan 2016 and with some expectation on return on investment after 1 year
or one can invest on 1 jan 2016 and book profit in couple of months and and invest again in another stock and book profit in 6 months. But that is not matter. but at the end of 1 year how much do you want your investment to be folded.
or you may be a trader. and howmuch do you expect your money to be folded at the end of the year ,after doing many trades.

Please participate on this poll and click the appropriate poll options. Thank you for participating . I really appreciate that in advance.

suri112000

Voted for 20-40% range. Anything above 20% of CARG (Compounded Annual Rate of Growth) is God sent. If this is what God blesses me with,
my investment @ 1 lakh per year for 10 years now, will fetch me Rs.12 crore after 30 years from my initial investment year.

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
"Compounded Annual Rate of Growth" work on fixed deposit only... not on a large trading account. :lol:
Many day traders make big 200-300%+ yearly returns consistently on modest account.,,, But they are Millionaires not Billionaires. WHY?

After a certain stage they reach their emotional limit to trade maximum account size...That size vary person to person, for some it is 20L, for some it 50L or more..But they reach the limit soon.
Also after certain other obstacles like liquidity, bid ask spread etc start hitting. Big orders execute partially or with big slippage.

Most people in TJ think here, Top hedge funds make 15% or 25% a year, and often not consistently, so a day trader making 20%+ a month..200-300% a year is INSANE. They start comparing them with future Bill Gates.. abuse them.. ultimately good day traders quit TJ quickly... No one know the truth that "Compounded Annual Rate of Growth" concept never works in Trading..

Unfortunately very few consistent profitable traders survive till they hit their maximum limit to know the truth... then they starts finding different ways..different instruments..different markets...mixing them together..to gain maximum on maximum capital they can handle comfortably...

Very busy now to finding out more ways to maximize gain..In crucial stage..where increasing capital is getting harder.. so stopped interacting...
Can't reply again. hope u guys understand..

What I hv done... broke capital into 3 account Nifty, Bank Nifty & Crude. Now my handling power is 3 times..

suri112000

"Compounded Annual Rate of Growth" work on fixed deposit only... not on a large trading account. :lol:
Many day traders make big 200-300%+ yearly returns consistently on modest account.,,, But they are Millionaires not Billionaires. WHY?

After a certain stage they reach their emotional limit to trade maximum account size...That size vary person to person, for some it is 20L, for some it 50L or more..But they reach the limit soon.
Also after certain other obstacles like liquidity, bid ask spread etc start hitting. Big orders execute partially or with big slippage.

Most people in TJ think here, Top hedge funds make 15% or 25% a year, and often not consistently, so a day trader making 20%+ a month..200-300% a year is INSANE. They start comparing them with future Bill Gates.. abuse them.. ultimately good day traders quit TJ quickly... No one know the truth that "Compounded Annual Rate of Growth" concept never works in Trading..

Unfortunately very few consistent profitable traders survive till they hit their maximum limit to know the truth... then they starts finding different ways..different instruments..different markets...mixing them together..to gain maximum on maximum capital they can handle comfortably...

Very busy now to finding out more ways to maximize gain..In crucial stage..where increasing capital is getting harder.. so stopped interacting...

What I hv done... broke capital into 3 account Nifty, Bank Nifty & Crude. Now my handling power is 3 times..
He is not talking about only trading but investing also. As far as trading is concerned whole of views are correct. But when it comes to investing, the size of account does not matter. It can run into hundreds or thousands of crores. I am targeting 20% per annum irrespective of the account size. Normally I plan a strategy what if my account size is Rs.10 crores, will this plan work out smoothly or not. If the test is positive in what if analysis then only I attempt it.:) The rate of inflation + GDP growth should be beaten by our investments. That should be the goal of investments.

TradeOptions

Excellent Practical Points brother. Thank you so much for the post. :thumb:

ap*

I have voted for 20-40 % based on the kind of risk I'm open to taking. Without capital size and rr ratio being specified there is no point looking at returns. With a capital of one crore and huge risk appetite even 1000% can be made. Consistency and duration of such performance is always suspect.

Minimum if not making 15 % per month in this market worthless to invest or trade. As no one can protected from inherent risk so why not get inherent profit atleast. Aleady achieved 500% approx lin 6 months in international trading in dax specially. Now started in Mcx. But have some client in Dubai for international trading also and some starting soon with mcx.Lets hope. start in mcx not good due to personal reason. Started this month only in India. But now proper money arranged . Hope able to maintain 2-3% daily of my capital daily which is very easy for me. Lets see.Hope for best. I prefer only trading in Gold/Crude and now a days zinc,, lead. Though good in all but in mcx now a days trading zinc lead which I hated lot. And preferred gold also. Overnight become dangerous so like to close intraday in Mcx. I dont like Indian stock market but plan to restart options. I never lost in options in India though use only my technical analysis.But lost earlier in shares due to leverage in Lt once as broker told he will support. And one day he withdrew support surprisingly and forced me to square off and lost my capital that time and finally stopped Indian stock market and started commodity. When usdinr reached to 68-70 level first time then again suffered. And finally left Indian market and done international traing with client and made good money. Now working for selected people and self and happy I am easily making 2-3% daily on avg basis. 3 month ago two three client ran with 7000$ approx commission. But not an issue to make big money as sufficient capital and client base and happy. Traderji is place from where I get most of knowledge and I thanks this forum by heart.

Last edited:

john302928

Minimum if not making 15 % per month in this market worthless to invest or trade. As no one can protected from inherent risk so why not get inherent profit atleast. Aleady achieved 500% approx lin 6 months in international trading in dax specially. Now started in Mcx. But have some client in Dubai for international trading also and some starting soon with mcx.Lets hope. start in mcx not good due to personal reason. Started this month only in India. But now proper money arranged . Hope able to maintain 2-3% daily of my capital daily which is very easy for me. Lets see.Hope for best.
Hello Tradertrader,
You said you achieved 500% in 6 months which is excellent.Hats off to you. Since you have knowledge about DAX I need few information.I tried to send a private message to you but couldnt find an option on your name. Could you just say hello to me via mail. my gmail id is my id in tradeji