Excel Speadsheet to Download Price & other data from Yahoo

Dear Friends,

This is my first post to Traderji.com.

Recently I came across an Excel spreadsheet, from one of the websites I was browsing. I found the spreadsheet to be very useful in downloading data from Yahoo website. I am attaching the zip file for the benefit of members.

What I liked the most in this spreadsheet was the simplicity behind it. It has lot more to offer which could be easily done by the users. The spreadsheet allows the user to get as many as 80 to 90 parameters (Though some of them are not working).

I have not developed the spreadsheet but merely discovered it. I have tweaked the spread sheet in its present form for fetching some more information.

It works for me as far as NSE & BSE is concerned. I hope it works for all our respected members.

However I am not able to tweak the spreadsheet for Options & Futures Data.Maybe some of the more technically advanced members will find a way out.

I have benefited a lot from this forum . I hope to repay some of it thru this post. I hope that members of this forum will find the utility useful.

Regards

Srikanth Acharya
Muscat,
Sultanate of Oman

Dear Sri,
You can download the data for stocks, F&O and Commodities in csv format in zip file from fortunemakerindia. The site contains queries whose results page contains a button to download the data. Explore the site you will find it interesting
Manish Garg

Thanks Sri for your excel file, the same is achieved by several others in this forum, but in your file the yahoo codes are inlcuded, that is a nice addition.

manish_garg said:
Dear Sri,
You can download the data for stocks, F&O and Commodities in csv format in zip file from fortunemakerindia. The site contains queries whose results page contains a button to download the data. Explore the site you will find it interesting
Manish Garg
Dear Manish, you got a good website. Why dont you place an advertisement by following the link "Advertise on this site" instead of placing your website address in all the available threads?

Regards
Siva

does anyone know of any site for the indian market which is akin to stockcharts.com ? stockcharts.com gives charts based on ADX and volumes which is very useful in picking the right entry and exit.

savio rodrigues;53909]does anyone know of any site for the indian market which is akin to stockcharts.com ? stockcharts.com gives charts based on ADX and volumes which is very useful in picking the right entry and exit