Examples of successful traders in this Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am starting this thread to get the posts/replies from successful traders which can give us confidence in choosing trading as a career.

It is said only 5% of the traders make money consistently and the rest 95% loses money. I am sure there will be some day traders/swing traders from this community who belongs in that 5%.
It is a request from this successful full time experienced traders to just post their annual income they earn through trading.
When we use to give answers in our school exams, teacher use to give us full marks if the answer is explained with examples. Here also we are looking for examples to confirm ourselves that we had chosen a right career.
I know as an experienced trader it will difficult for you to tell us your strategy, but I hope you people are keen enough to tell us at least the money you make annually through trading. This will give us enough confidence
Please post your replies in below format

Income: 6lakhs/12 lakhs/50 lakhs etc
Trader type: Day trader/Swing trader or Both

Thanks in advance

nirav_j

Hi, while your intent with this thread is commendable, I personally doubt if even 5% of those 5% successful traders will post their annual incomes on a public forum ... :)

Infact a lot of experienced traders have discussed their methods in depth on the forum ...

Last edited:

jahan

Hello,

I am starting this thread to get the posts/replies from successful traders which can give us confidence in choosing trading as a career.
To get confidence...for choosing as a career...u no need other trader words...think like this ..if somebody is loosing means somebody is gaining on the other side...thats it.

It is said only 5% of the traders make money consistently and the rest 95% loses money. I am sure there will be some day traders/swing traders from this community who belongs in that 5%. .
yes ur correct...on ur both sentences...but the no of % of winners is increased from last 3 year's according to survey conducted in USA. it is about
8-9%.

It is a request from this successful full time experienced traders to just post their annual income they earn through trading.
It is impossible for any trader to give his/her annual trading Income...as any successful trader doesn't know what he/she is going to get.

When we use to give answers in our school exams, teacher use to give us full marks if the answer is explained with examples. Here also we are looking for examples to confirm ourselves that we had chosen a right career.
ok if ur comparing traders with teachers...then in ur own explanation... in trading ur the teacher. u need to teach urself(iam talking about methods which suits u/ur psychology..as no one knows ur psychology).to consider trading as a Career there are already so many examples available on the net.....just google it.

I know as an experienced trader it will difficult for you to tell us your strategy, but I hope you people are keen enough to tell us at least the money you make annually through trading. This will give us enough confidence
here u came to the point....u want strategy....there are hundreds or may be thousands of strategies available in traderji forum itself......and iam telling u with my experience that Strategy is only 10-20%, remaining is psychology and position sizing(risk-management)..its a mind game.

Regards,

laotze

It is said only 5% of the traders make money consistently and the rest 95% loses money. I am sure there will be some day traders/swing traders from this community who belongs in that 5%.

Thanks in advance
Welcome.....

My message, 100% it is possible to make income to run the show.....but, you should sacrifice for that minimum 3 to 4 years to understand the market..

I am a full time trader...initial 2 or 3 years, it was horrible to make a single penny in this market...

Now, i can challange, you can.....

I am making good income (paying tax)...

manishchan

Thanks in advance
Let me ask a question before you see answers to your question :

1. Out of the total people who do engineering/MBBS/MBA.. what % succeed and what % fail ?

2. How much of annual income do all those engineers/Doctors/MAB guys make ?

If you have the answer to the above mentioned, then traders are no different.

One more thing... if one says he is making only 1 lakh a year.. I'm sure you won't be seen in this forum from tommorow.. but he says he is making 50 lakhs/year.. I can bet you will start trading full time from tomorrow quitting your job/business/shops whatever.. ;) :D (pun intended)

aite.. bottom line - the answer to your questions are tricky.. can't be expressed in simple format. Trading is like any other profession.. so success nd failure ratio is similar to like that of any other professions. Becoming full time profitable trader has similar journey as to become a doctor, an engineer or a corporate manager. It needs as much time, hard work and patience.

Needless to say..Not all engineers/doctors/MBA's are millionaires but many actually are... a lot of those people end up doing odd jobs despite having degree and knowledge.... same applies to traders too.... :)

Last edited:

dell

i have seen the more sucessfull the person became , he left other things ,he frequently visit forums, chat groups and other time passing place . when he needs entertainment than only he switches to these places .
once he became sucessfull , he thinks of his own . he not care what other person is doing .he left silly things .
actually he came to know by himself where to focus to remain sucessfull that's why he remain sucessfull .
he leftover the fellings of overexictment ,over confidence . and mostly of them are remains undercover :p;).

p.s.: every thing has some exceptions too .:D:p;)

Even if someone posts his method in details in Newspaper front page...still not even 5 will consistantly trade it because that method is for him and you are different than him....I have shared some extremely good things in TJ which work for me...but most people are systems " collectors" like they collect stamps...they trade for 1 week and 2-3 bad trades and they move to a different surefire system....one system collector told me he has a collection of 5000 AFLs but cannot make money in trading....

You have to find out a method that works for YOU...and that is a hard work...no thread/post or 1/2 a day seminar is going to make you a successful trader...so start working in that direction...dont waste precious time...after 5 years I am sure we will have debate on the same subject.

Smart_trade

suri112000

To understand how to make money in the market, do the following.

1.Select a system.
2.Executive 100 trades as per system.
3.Your risk on each trade is 1/4th percent of your capital.

Majority fail at executing a system consistently. In spite of this failure, they want to be successful. One underestimates the lessons learnt in executing 100trades in a row risking 1/4th percent of capital on each trade. One will experience a streak of losers testing the toughness of mind to executive the next trade without second guessing. One will experience a streak of profits testing the control of euphoria. Mind pushes you to the limits. Its a mind game. Its winning over your own mind, not markets. Its inside, not out there.

If anybody is successful at trading, it implies that he succeeded in adopting the methods suitable to him how to control his mind.

Thanks in advance

I have a good news for you.....:D.............I have seen in another thread.....I can't recall the thread name may be poll....... I found two names..... Traderravi (famous TR) and Trader_PK...their earnnig is more than 50 lacs...:D

Even if someone posts his method in details in Newspaper front page...still not even 5 will consistantly trade it because that method is for him and you are different than him....I have shared some extremely good things in TJ which work for me...but most people are systems " collectors" like they collect stamps...they trade for 1 week and 2-3 bad trades and they move to a different surefire system....one system collector told me he has a collection of 5000 AFLs but cannot make money in trading....

You have to find out a method that works for YOU...and that is a hard work...no thread/post or 1/2 a day seminar is going to make you a successful trader...so start working in that direction...dont waste precious time...after 5 years I am sure we will have debate on the same subject.

Smart_trade

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.