Everyday analysis of the FOREX market

Everyday news impact on the FOREX market

Hi everyone,

This thread is for posting news analysis and its impact on the FOREX market. Literally, there are many sources from where we can get the estimates and news, but it becomes difficult to understand it's actual impact on the market. I request everyone to post their understanding of the effect on the markets, so that after some time we have a good understanding of how to judge the market sensibility and emotions and accordingly place out strategy.

As of now, there are threads for discussing everyday chart analysis and strategies, but we would need one for understanding news impact too.

Open to all: Request individual investors, brokers, analysts, finance students, hobbyists etc. to put in their thoughts so that we can have all the data at one place.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Edward

Good initiative... keep it up...

Preet, desifxtrader, scalperfx, tavnaz and others can add a lot of value here.

keep it going Sorabji, keep posting and keep it alive for the first 2-3 months, then it will be on autopilot.

Take care and God bless

Thanks Edward.

Hope many people contribute to this and in no time we'll have a good source of news and its impact.

Will start posting here from tomorrow.

Shobhashree,

It's not about what to buy and what to sell at what time, but more about the latest news and its impact on the currency pairs, market etc. We need to discuss about what major news has come out or is about to come out and what impact it has on the various pairs.

Tavnaz

Technical traders never trade the news.:)
Technical traders just read orderflow and PA that is what moves the matket.
Last thing long term trend cannot be reversed by minor news spike.
You need bad employement readings,inflation and deflation,CPI,gdp deflator,budget reading,current trade balance.
Try CRB index for fundamental.
Watch gold it is rising everyday due to its value as hedge against dollar.
True we need exits and entries but expecting the very current news will change the trend is foolishness,unless it is rate decision lol.
Cheers.:thumb:

Dear Tavnaz,
I am not fond of male chauvinists...
Ms. Sobhashree is the first lady here to give live calls and help you miserables in 'Entries and Exits' which are the most crucial things in Trading.

But you, Edward, Raghav and others want to simply Sabotage the good work here, with your 'Subjective Rhetoric' ,,, blah .... blah ... blah

i am overwhelmed with Ms. Sobhashree and her initiative to help us with 'Accurate Entries and Exits' in forex trading. If you don't want it, keep quite, all you Lazy boys,

i am more than happy to get live calls with 'Entries and Exits''

keep up the good work sobhashree, Laluji and his team is with you ;)

Technical traders never trade the news.:)
Technical traders just read orderflow and PA that is what moves the matket.
Last thing long term trend cannot be reversed by minor news spike.
You need bad employement readings,inflation and deflation,CPI,gdp deflator,budget reading,current trade balance.
Try CRB index for fundamental.
Watch gold it is rising everyday due to its value as hedge against dollar.
True we need exits and entries but expecting the very current news will change the trend is foolishness,unless it is rate decision lol.
Cheers.:thumb:

Tavnaz

Dear Tavnaz,
I am not fond of male chauvinists...
Ms. Sobhashree is the first lady here to give live calls and help you miserables in 'Entries and Exits' which are the most crucial things in Trading.

But you, Edward, Raghav and others want to simply Sabotage the good work here, with your 'Subjective Rhetoric' ,,, blah .... blah ... blah

i am overwhelmed with Ms. Sobhashree and her initiative to help us with 'Accurate Entries and Exits' in forex trading. If you don't want it, keep quite, all you Lazy boys,

i am more than happy to get live calls with 'Entries and Exits''

keep up the good work sobhashree, Laluji and his team is with you ;)
Laluji, i did not know u had the full support of a team behind you,guess i will have to stay off.
Telling you about Lazyboy,i don't use it,but one thing i do know is it is a great Indicator,so i'm not lazyboy in that sense atleast.:lol:
And i already said it it entries and exits are important,but you don't want to give spoon feeding here do you.
But if She wants to do that i'm very much willing to wait and see them as it leads to double confirmation.

But as to what i believe,no great trader has entries everyday,he/she waits for great setups to form,i'm sure you can't beat this saying, i believe in.

And forgive us Ms Shobhashree and thanks in advance for saving us from our misery.
This is serious go on and post.

Regards
Taz

@Shobhashree: agreed that ultimately what traders need is the entry and the exit levels, but they cannot and should not take it for granted. There is always a process that goes behind learning how to trade. It's more about the process. And Tavnaz is correct when he says that we should not spoon feed. It might help once, but potentially will kill a thousand times. if you can possibly give a reasoning behind the calls would help more than the final calls themselves. It's about learning the process of learning.

If you still wish to, you can continue posting these. I'm sure there are many takers.

@Lalugi: I don't know what generation you come from, but male chauvinism is history. Females are more prominent today that ever, and rightly so, cuz their presence and skills are what the society needs more than any aggressiveness that men can display. We are in the stage of consolidation and not out right onslaught, and men are generally not good with this.

Anyways, lets try not to wander away from the main topic and try to stick with it.

As we understand, this particular thread is for news analysis and its impact on the markets.

We would like to offer a few tips and try to answer a few questions. Below is the list of the economic data coming out of United States to watch out for any major impact, along with their relevance.

Relevance:
High - it can have high impact on the market, even after days following their release. Medium - these reports can have greater impact on the market, especially within minutes or hours of their release, if the circumstances are right, like when the data is sharply out of line with market expectations or significantly contradicts the markets future outlook .
Low - these reports don't move the market significantly, but can be used as reinforcement factors for the existing trend. These will normally not reverse a directional movement.

Market-moving economic data reports from the United States:

Labor-market reports:
- Non-Farm payroll report (Relevance: High)
- ADP national employment report (Relevance: Medium)
- Weekly initial unemployment claims (relevance: low)

Inflation Gauges
Main inflation reports:
- Consumer price index (CPI) (Relevance: High)
- Producer price index (PPI) (Relevance: Medium)
- Personal consumption expenditure (PCE) (Relevance: High)
- Gross domestic product (GDP) deflator (Relevance: Low)
- Institute for Supply Management (ISM) prices paid index (Relevance: Medium)

Gross Domestic Product (Relevance: High)

Trade and current account balances
- Trade balance (Relevance: high)
- Current account balance (Relevance: High)

Leading economic indicators (Relevance: Low)

Institute for Supply Management and purchasing managers reports:
- Chicago Purchasing Managers Index (PMI) (relevance: Low)
- ISM Manufacturing report (Relevance: Medium)
- ISM non manufacturing report (Relevance: Medium)

Consumer sentiment reports:
- Consumer confidence index (Relevance: Medium)
- University of Michigan consumer sentiment index (Relevance: Medium)
- ABC Consumer Confidence (Relevance: Low)

Personal income and personal spending (relevance: Medium)

Durable goods orders (Relevance: Medium)

Housing-market indicators:
- Existing-home sales (relevance: High)
- New-home sales (Relevance: Medium)
- Housing starts (Relevance: Medium)
- Building permits (Relevance: Medium)

Regional Federal Reserve indices:
- Philadelphia Fed index (Relevance: Medium)
- New York Empire State Index (Relevance: Medium)
- Richmond Fed manufacturing index (Relevance: Low)

The Feds Beige Book (Relevance: High)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Do let us know if you need more of these, or need any clarification on the above.

XTB India