ETFs on SENSEX

Hello fellow Traderjis,

I am interested in trading an ETF on the SENSEX. To the best of my knowledge, there are two such ETFs, SPIcE (from ICICI Prudential), and the Kotak SENSEX ETF. Are there others? If not, is either one of the two I mentioned 'better' to trade than the other in any way?

Thanks.

Varun

Hello fellow Traderjis,

I am interested in trading an ETF on the SENSEX. To the best of my knowledge, there are two such ETFs, SPIcE (from ICICI Prudential), and the Kotak SENSEX ETF. Are there others? If not, is either one of the two I mentioned 'better' to trade than the other in any way?

Thanks.

Varun
There lots of other ETFs too.

columbus

Last edited:

AW10

To further the discussion , why aren't ETF's optionable in India?
NSE has its own rules to select stocks in F&O category. Liquidity, market cap, etc are key parameters. ETFs in India are newly launched and does not have good liquidity.

That is the reason why they are not part of F&O scrip list and hence no options trading them.

Happy Trading

Capricorn

I am assuming that there are market makers for ETF's , so why should liquidity be an issue.

Maybe they haven't been promoted rightly.

vasa1

bro can u give more detail i want to trade in Reliance gold ETF?????????????????:)
Praveen ji: This from NSE after searching for "GOLD"

Company Search

Company Name Symbol
BENCHMARK MUTUAL FUND - GOLD BENCHMARK EXCHANGE TRADED SCHEME >> GOLDBEES
UTI MUTUAL FUND - UTI GOLD EXCHANGE TRADED FUND >> GOLDSHARE
KOTAK MUTUAL FUND - GOLD EXCHANGE TRADED FUND >> KOTAKGOLD
QUANTUM GOLD FUND -EXCHANGE TRADED FUND (ETF) >> QGOLDHALF
RELIANCE MUTUAL FUND - GOLD EXCHANGE TRADED FUND >> RELGOLD

I prefer trading on NSE, that is why I gave NSE search results.

Of the Gold ETFs, I feel Benchmark has the highest daily voulmes. That's why I trade in GOLDBEES.

vasa1

I am assuming that there are market makers for ETF's , so why should liquidity be an issue.

Maybe they haven't been promoted rightly.
You are right in theory. In practice, a look at the market depth, the bid-ask spread, and the underlying asset prices shows that the "market-makers" are a) non-existent, or b) inactive, or c) out to loot us!