Equity Research Analyst

Hey I am a CFA Level 2 candidate myself..I have been an active swing trader, using Technical Analysis for my trades, as you can see from my posts.

Now I do both FA and TA. Been into Capital markets for more than 2 years now. I am a student of equity research analysis.

jptoshniwal,

Its great to have you here. I needed some help. I am in the process of rebalancing my portfolio, and was working with the risk-return caluculation for the same. For calculating the portfolio risk, I need the betas for the stocks I am holding so that I can adjust their weights to match the estimated returns from my portfolio.

Where can I find beta values for stocks? I did regression analysis for some of the stocks on my portfolio. The process is too long and tiring, I wish I could get the beta calucalted from somewhere.

fineturner,

which level are you studying for? Where are you placed? How is your prep going on for the June exam?

Thanks,

Mohan

rjs,

Thanks a lot for the link. Really appriciate. Have 2 questions-

1. The page refers to the date 2002. Wont the beta values change by a wide margin over the last 4 years?

2. Is there a similar link for the bse scrips also?

Thanks again !

hai friend right now all good analysts are with big brokerages and fund houses but we can hope with in some time we will have good professional analysts in all parts of the country who are accessable to every common investor. in developed markets common people investe with the help of proffesional analysts , who will work like say a doctor or advocate works here.