EOD gap's causing problem with intraday chart

hi all, I am new to amibroker and struggling with a stupid problem.. I would really appreciate any input.

here's my issue, On my intraday charts (1min,5min,10min,etc).. the gap between market close and open causes my indicators to spike.

for example If I use bollinger band, there is a huge increase in volatility at the start of the session. is there any way to separate each day's intraday data so the indicators don't use previous day's data when computing.

leo_3455

Hi,

Change the time in: File/Database Settings/Intraday Settings

Set the time as 9:15 to 15:30. In Filtering, select "Show day session only"

Hopefully this should work.

All the best

Hi,

Change the time in: File/Database Settings/Intraday Settings

Set the time as 9:15 to 15:30. In Filtering, select "Show day session only"

Hopefully this should work.

All the best
Thanks for the suggestion, but no luck I'm afraid. I think to 'reset' my indicators at the start every new session I will probably have to hard code them to start counting from the first bar of each new day.

Seems like there ought to be simpler way of doing it... I'm open to suggestions :confused:

leo_3455

Hi,

If there is a real gap up opening, there is no way to adjust the indicators through AFL AFAIK. Maybe you can take cues from shorter time frame. If your regular trading is 5 min, then you can look at 1 min chart. Or, you can wait for the indicator to cool down. If you are using 5 EMA, you can wait for 5 bars so the gap up is factored in.

The suggestion that I gave in the previous post will take care of freak premarket opening trades, last freak quote after market is closed, etc.

All the best.

Hi, i have a worked on a solution to this problem but eventually did not end up implementing it. Back in the day i was using MT4 but the same could be done on Amibroker too.