EOD Data of international markets

I am more optimistic...I believe and hope it will happen soon :thumb:

With FX already open in India and growing at a rapid pace...i am sure the wheel has been set into motion and changes are next door around.

Dont ask me more reasons for my optimism...Thats the way I am :)
ankitji, let us hope and live that dream

Hi Vijay,

It Doesn't matter, Had Som HDD Problem, Whcih Has Now been Sorted, Will Take A Week Or So To Get The Data Across To You...Hope Your Inbox Can Handle It.

Also Do You Need Historical Data Of The Components Of Each Of Those Required Index.

Happy & Safer Analysing

SavantGarde
Thank you sawantji. I think you have made a lot of efforts for getting this info. TR person says he can provide the market capitalisation and turnover data for this markets on a daily basis. Now we are not able to meet each other becouse of the time constraints. Hope to see some way soon

This thread i started with some vague ideas in mind. But with help of members in the forum, and some people outside this forum, it has become a serious topic, and many willing to help in accomplishing the work. I particularly thank sawantji, 'programmer' (user-id) for their help.

The status as of now is

I have started getting the required data for 5 exchanges mentioned in the list. I am hopeful that others also I will be able to get during the course of time

Since sometime i am collecting the data for 5 markets in the list. I find this job to be too tiresome. The only sources (Know to me) for this data are Thomson reutors and bloomberg. To have a system to collect and store this data itself seems to be difficult task to me. If anybody having an idea of such data suppliers, software vendors please provide details.

jdm

Since sometime i am collecting the data for 5 markets in the list. I find this job to be too tiresome. The only sources (Know to me) for this data are Thomson reutors and bloomberg. To have a system to collect and store this data itself seems to be difficult task to me. If anybody having an idea of such data suppliers, software vendors please provide details.
you can use my software to get intraday backfill stock quotes from yahoo and google. yahoo supports 50+ markets while google supports 25+ markets.

for eod you can try http://meta-all.sourceforge.net/

Thanks to all who helped me and enlightening me on this data collection. There were some interesting findings were made on this study relating to behaviour of western markets to eastern counterparts.

first is there is are explicable variations in trading volumes in certain markets with correponding reduction in some other markets ( the movement of 'hot money ' or 'smart money',)

second there is inexplicable variations in volumes with no corresponding reduction in other markets, indicating 1)investor preferences for switching the asset classes, 2) limitless speculation loses out to the economic realities 3) a sizeable volume of trades routed through mechanisms other than the ones extended by the exchanges

It was a good effort to understand the markets and their inter-connectedness.

As and when i get the next assingnment, I will keep you posted (with a request to help and support)