eod data feed

newbie_7

hello, i'm new on this forum. need help in selecting a reliable paid data feed.
i'm currently with viratech but it will expire shortly. just 4 comparison :
viratech - rs. 6760.00 p a ( bse/ nse/ futures/ world indices )
and rs. 9360.00 with commodities data included.
reuters data link asian package :
$ 270 - ( rs. 12300.00 approx ) - stocks/ futures / commodities/mutual funds/ forex - daily data on all asian xchanges covered.
when u compare the two don't u think that viratech works out more a lot more expensive.
now a member had posted some info on stoxtrend data service also based in calcutta. website - stoxtrend.com is pretty interesting. would like some feedback on this data service pls. is anyone using this. how accurate and reliable is the service ? as u all know good clean data is absolutely vital 4 TA. i've never had any problem with viratech in the one yr that i've been using their data.
urgent help is required and will be appreciated.
thank u.

newbie_7

hi, sorry, just forgot 2 add that stoxtrend gives u stocks/ futures/ commodities/ fores/ major world indices, in fact everything included in the viratech rs. 9360.00 package for only rs. 3000.00 pa. that's a whopping difference of rs.6360.00. ( less than 50 % ).
thank u.

Why are you inclined only for paid data feeds? Yahoo provides free EOD Data. Unless you are interested in Historical EOD data from past two three years, I don't see the point why you should pay someone for it. Check Soumya's thread on Fibotrader. Thanks to Soumya, EOD data is available for all for free download from last one year. Why don't you use it? I have a copy of Amit's excel stock tracker and Soumya's Fibotrader which I find OK for an average trader like me.

Cheers
Satish

newbie_7

thanks 4 ur reply but i need historical data. i've used yahoo but not only is the data inaccurate a lot many times, if u do not update daily the historical data page takes days 2 get updated. moreover they keep changing symbols which can b a problem. can u figure out what 600800.BO is ? well it's tata steel on the bse.
thanks.

I just got an email from Viratech - They have started providing updates for over 400 hourly charts every hour starting 10:30am along with NSE Daily chart updates during the day for free along with their normal services - u could check with them

This is a very convenient feature to have during the day to be updated in a jiffy

Hi,
I am using service from stoxtrend since last one month. Their services and data quality is good. Low MB usage but consume about 70 % memory of your PC while downloading data.Data is ready for downloading between 6 to 7.00 pm.
They claim their data is bonus / split adjusted. O.K. but these adjustment are not of daily basis and not for all stocks.But they cover almost major stocks for adjustments.(This point is most important for technical analyst)
Second thing they provide data in predefined folders.As for example BSE is divided in A to I , M to Z , Group A, Dead Stocks.. etc. Now if you are used to use folders other than these ( Most of analyst have their own folders of data) then you have to convert from source folders to destination folders.When you have multiple folders then this becomes tedious.I wrote to stocxtrend for this but no reply.

So data must be bonus/split adjusted. and can be downloaded in user defined folders not as a predefined package.

Regards

Dalalji

Dalalji you are being very modest

I used to use their services and have stopped becuase of inaccurate data

I just downloaded their sample data from their website which has data for only 3 months 1st March to 8th June 2006 to see whether i should start again

And ran a simple Amibroker test - just see the glaring errors

In just one folder BSE Groupa

Following scrips are not adjusted

Cipla -
Essel Propack - not adjusted
Mah Seamless - not adjusted
Thermax - not adjusted
Sterlite - not adjusted
Mastek - not adjusted

Are'nt these scrips important

Even the NSE Futures data are not adjusted - Take Cipla... In fact Cipla has duplicate records on 28-04, 03-05, 05-05

Their data timeliness of 6-7 pm is a big question mark - A lot of peny stocks / new listing would not even get updated.

Whats the use of paying for data which one has to manually adjust every day - in fact it's more costly because u waste more time

Use anything else ............... other than these people

newbie_7

hi, thank u dalalji & jayantasen. that feedback was very useful 2 me & hopefully a lot others too. i did call up viratech 2 confront them about their pricing. in fact i spoke 2 mr. rahul mohinder himself & this is what he told me, " u can get data in the market for even rs.1000.00 but pls check the quality of data provided. our data is approved by equis & is used by major FII's in india " i guess he had a valid point there. if data is inaccurate even God cannot help u. one day of wrong data for a stock can alter that stock chart forever. u will never get a correct intepretation from that chart again. again viratech's support is good. even when i've called on his cell late in the evening he was willing 2 help and has even called back at that time. goes 2 prove that these people take their business seriously. with their new software download takes just a few seconds & is never a problem. i think i'll stick with them.
thanks 4 ur feedback anyway. it helped me decide.
bye.

Dear
Newbie_7
Will you please tell me something about viratech data.Quality of data is out of question as Viratech is authorised vendor for Metastock data.

I am more interested in folders of delivered data.Whether we can download data in pre defined folders or we can change folders as per our need at the time of downloading.
If you have any experience with Yahoo data (Smart Downloader), you may got my point, where we can download data as many folders as we have.There was no case of downloading data in specific pre defined folders and then convert them into our required folders.

Without above feature sectoral analysis,where data is divided in multiple folders(sectors), is almost imposible.

regards

Dalalji

newbie_7 said:
hi, thank u dalalji & jayantasen. that feedback was very useful 2 me & hopefully a lot others too. i did call up viratech 2 confront them about their pricing. in fact i spoke 2 mr. rahul mohinder himself & this is what he told me, " u can get data in the market for even rs.1000.00 but pls check the quality of data provided. our data is approved by equis & is used by major FII's in india " i guess he had a valid point there. if data is inaccurate even God cannot help u. one day of wrong data for a stock can alter that stock chart forever. u will never get a correct intepretation from that chart again. again viratech's support is good. even when i've called on his cell late in the evening he was willing 2 help and has even called back at that time. goes 2 prove that these people take their business seriously. with their new software download takes just a few seconds & is never a problem. i think i'll stick with them.
thanks 4 ur feedback anyway. it helped me decide.
bye.
I have developed a downloader (Product Name is MetaUp) for BSE / NSE / NSE FO / MCX / NCDEX for Rs.3000/- If you want, I can provide you demo for 10 Days. I am picking data from respective exchange website, so nothing to say about it's quality. You may speak to me at 09327202829 or you may write to me at [email protected]. or give me ur contact no, I will call you.