EOD chart with last bar updating from RT data

bunny

Hi guys,
I have just installed Amibroker today and would like to know if this is possible.

I will subscribing to a RT data provider soon(market-data-provider.com). What I want is an EOD chart with the last bar being updated continuously as the RT data is being fed in.

Is this possible. Please reply.

Thank you,
-Bunny.

asnavale

Hi guys,
I have just installed Amibroker today and would like to know if this is possible.

I will subscribing to a RT data provider soon(market-data-provider.com). What I want is an EOD chart with the last bar being updated continuously as the RT data is being fed in.

Is this possible. Please reply.

Thank you,
-Bunny.
Hi Bunny,

Try this:

Open Amibroker with intraday database. When a chart is displayed in intraday mode (tick data/1-min/5-min or any other timeframe you have set) select daily view either by pressing contol-D or the button labelled "d" in the tool bar or by right-clicking the chart and selecting daily view. All data should be as EOD bars except the latest one which should update as new data comes in.

I have tried this with data interval as tick and chart display interval of higher time frame (5-min, 10-min etc.). It should work for daily view also.

-Anant

if you just want last bar updating in eod chart, you can get it free by amiquote provided along with amibroker, works good and no need for data vendor.:thumb:

asnavale

Does amiquote works for NSE data too?
Hi Bunny,

Amiquote can extract RT data (about 1 min delay) from Yahoo Finance. You have to set up Amiquote to get data from Yahoo. You should have Yahoo or Ymail account and login to your Yahoo account before starting Ami Quote.

-Anant

asnavale

hi
use Amiquote with Amibroker only if you have licensed copy of AB.Otherwise your AB will be blocked.I have read it on some other forum
Unregistered Amiquote will not block the software. It just limits the download for first 20 tickers only.

-Anant