Entry Points in Day Trading

Buying at Opening Price

Dear All,

I want to know if its possible to give my broker an instruction to purchase at opening price (whatever that might be) before the trading hours begin for the purpose of Day Trading

Atul

rajeshn2007

Re: Buying at Opening Price

Dear All,

I want to know if its possible to give my broker an instruction to purchase at opening price (whatever that might be) before the trading hours begin for the purpose of Day Trading

Atul
yes possible.
but if the previous day price is 300, and the opening is 330 and you get those shares at 330, is it ok for you? :)

Thanks rajesh,
surely not, but tell me, can we also do it for margin plus positions. i.e where I buy and sell at the same day.

Atul

columbus

Dear All,

Atul
Previous day close may be different from Opening
price of today.Gap UP or Gap DOWN is quite possible.

Day High Price

Dear All,

Why is it that we see that a stock opens at lets say Rs 100 at 9:55 and then very next moment it starts trading at 110. Why is there a sudden spurt in price?

Atul

Re: Day High Price

well, somebody buys a stock @100 when market opens and wants to sell it @110 in next couple of minutes. The same time somebody else is ready to buy it @110 price. This way the stock price go up. Now the question is why somebody else is ready to buy it at higher price, the possible reasons could be:
1- Company is doing good and quarterly results are also good. Growing in business.
2- Some positive news about the company in the market.
3- Merger, dividend, split

Hope it will help you....

Last edited: