Entries & Exits : Visits to 16 Trading Rooms by Alexander Elder

Traderji

Super Moderator

Study Guide for Entries and Exits: Visits to 16 Trading Rooms by Alexander Elder

Book Description
Come behind closed doors and see real trades made by real traders.

Dr. Alexander Elder leads you into 16 trading rooms where you meet traders who open up their diaries and show you their trades. Some of them manage money, others trade for themselves; some trade for a living, others are on the semi-professional level. All are totally serious and honest in sharing their trades with those who would like to learn. You will meet American and international traders who trade stocks, futures, and options using a variety of methods. All are normally very private, but now, thanks to their relationships with Dr. Elder, you can see exactly how these traders decide to enter and exit trades. Each chapter illustrates an entry and an exit for two trades, with comments by Dr. Elder. With this book as your guide, you can get closer to mastering the key themes of trading -- psychology, tactics, risk control, record keeping, and the decision-making process.

The companion Study Guide is filled with striking insights and practical advice allowing you to test your knowledge and reinforce the principles outlined in Entries & Exits.

Study Guide for Entries and Exits: Visits to 16 Trading Rooms by Alexander Elder

From the Inside Flap
You are about to visit the trading rooms of sixteen men and women. These traders live in different countries, follow different markets, and use different methods, but all share several traitsmost importantly, their dedication to trading. They are utterly serious about their work, while most of the amateurs who supply the bulk of their winnings are chasing the excitement of an adrenaline rush.

Why would a person who is trading for a living talk about his or her method instead of grinding out profits in silence? Winners know full well that success in trading does not depend on knowing "the secret." There is no secretonly hard work, focus, attention to detail, being careful and long-term oriented with money, and having a bit of flair.

Trading is a vast field, and like a doctor, you must specialize. Many beginners spread themselves painfully thin by investing in and day-trading stocks, futures, and options. Each trader in this book concentrates on an area that appeals to him or her, be it buying breakouts, writing puts, or trolling for dull stocks ready to explode from consolidation zones.

People become successful when they focus on what they love to do. In reading this book, you will probably come across a trading vehicle you like or a concept that appeals to you. Once you find it, stay with it and mine that area for its rich deposits.

There are massive differences between traders at various stages of development. Beginners look for tips, while intermediate traders keep asking about indicator settings. Experienced traders love to watch others make decisions and explain them. Traders in this book will share a wealth of information with you; what you take home is entirely up to you.

Trading can give you money, which can buy many good thingsfreedom from a boss, the ability to travel wherever and whenever you like, and much more. Still, when the chips are down, it is not money that determines the quality of your life. Your goal in trading should be to become the best professional you can be.

We owe a debt of gratitude to the sixteen traders who opened their trading roomshelping all of us become better traders and serving as examples of kindness, generosity, and drive. They show us that there is more to life than money, even in a trader's life. This book is designed to help you break out of isolation, learn from others, pick up ideas that suit your style, and return to your trading room a better, more confident trader.

About the Author
DR. ALEXANDER ELDER is a professional trader, a teacher of traders, and a practicing psychiatrist. He is the founder of elder.com, an educational firm for traders worldwide. Dr. Elder is the author of two international bestsellers, Trading for a Living and Come Into My Trading Room (and their companion study guides), both published by Wiley.

Readers Comments:

What a fantastic book! It is one of the most interesting and insightful revelations into the minds of actual traders that I have ever read. Elder gives us an up front and personal look into trades executed by 16 different select traders. Each section describes actual trades, the methodology behind the trades, and the outcomes...both wins and losses. The trades are explained along with color charts and color photos of the traders! This book has provided me with the stability of an incredible "yardstick" to measure my own approaches to trading the financial markets. I highly recommend this book. It is Elder's best so far, and it is most definitely top shelf educational trading material.

I received Dr. Elder's new book a couple of days ago. WOW!! It is simply fantastic. Reviewing real trades, reading Dr. Elder's comments and reading the traders' e-mails has taught me more about trading in three or four days than I've learned on my own in three or four years! It's a beautiful book, which I'm afraid will soon be marked-up and dog eared from continual use. Thank you for a wonderful trading tool!!!

I have been trading stocks since I was 13 years old. In between classes, while my classmates headed for the lavatories to smoke cigarettes, I paved my way towards the pay phones to talk with my broker.

I am much older now. I still trade securities. Yet, I still consider myself a novice. I have read many books on trading. I thought Dr. Elder's book "Trading for a Living: Psychology, Trading Tactics, Money Management" was one of the best. I was wrong. "Entries and Exits" is even better.

Dr. Elder's latest book takes the reader into the trading rooms of 16 private traders. They live in different countries. They trade different markets. They employ different methods. Yet, each is dedicated to trading. Most are private individuals. A few - like Gerald Appel - I have followed for decades.

Each trading room visit begins with a description of the trader's background and methods. The trader then shares two trades with the reader - one successful, the other unsuccessful. They discuss the chart signals that attracted their attention. At that point, the reader is invited to decide whether or not that trade will make or lose money.

Turn the page, discover the results. Dr. Elder then offers his analysis of the trade and uses it to illustrate a principle.

This book's beauty is that it provides an intimate case study of how a real trader makes a real decision. Too often trading becomes a personal, isolated, emotional business. "Entries and Exits" offers a dispassionate opportunity to learn from others.

Great ideas are few and far between. This book, however, contains an endless mother lode. The more time spent mining it, the greater your yield.

Traderji,

Its one of the best books I have ever read on TA and the Psychology of Trading..

He is my favourite Author and his implementation of Multiple Time Frames and Triple Indicator Method really captured my imaginiation and i try to closely follow the System with decent success rate.

Regards
Satya

I recently bought this book. I didn't like the book. The author gives the trades executed by other traders. I wouldn't have taken most of the trades. They were amateur trades. This book is a no no for me.

I like earlier Elder books. But, there is lucanae in Elder's methodologies. He does not consider Market and Stock Sector direction. He just considers the stock's weekly, daily charts. Thats like living in a well, not knowing what is happening around. He relies too much on MACD divergence. As U might know, indicators don't work all the time.