engineers india from 2450 to 365

rvm123

the company has announced may 7th as the record date for 2:1 bonus as well as sub-division of shares of Rs.10/- to shares of Rs.5/-. Hence everyone holding 1 shares will held 6 shraes in future (1 share will become 3 due to bonus and 6 due to stock split). Hence the share prices have got adjusted for this and reduced. However, if we see proportionately, the share have appreciated a lot.

vasa1

the company has announced may 7th as the record date for 2:1 bonus as well as sub-division of shares of Rs.10/- to shares of Rs.5/-. Hence everyone holding 1 shares will held 6 shraes in future (1 share will become 3 due to bonus and 6 due to stock split). Hence the share prices have got adjusted for this and reduced. However, if we see proportionately, the share have appreciated a lot.
I think the questioner wanted to know the future of the stock :D.

Credit Of Bonus Shares Always Takes Time.....Therefore...Show Some Patience...My Friend
Only Company That Credits Bonus Shares...Couple Of Days After Ex-Date Is INFOSYS....While Most Others Take Anywhere Upwards Of Two Weeks...:)

SavantGarde
The thing is i saw the split had taken place on 8th on the very next day of the record date and NSE is showing corp action as split as well as bonus Hence the query.

SavantGarde

Important Thing Is Not The Record Date But 'Ex-Date'

One Will Always See The Adjusted Price Reflected In The Market On Ex-Date.

Record Date & Book Closure Dates Are For Internally Sorting Out The List Of Shareholders For Their Entitlement...& It Also Happens To Be 'No Delivery Period'.

If You Happen To Buy The Share During 'ND' Period Then Your Contract Note Shall Be Generated Everyday With Zero Amount As Obligation, Till It Comes Out Of No Delivery....

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde

The thing is i saw the split had taken place on 8th on the very next day of the record date and NSE is showing corp action as split as well as bonus Hence the query.

If You Happen To Buy The Share During 'ND' Period Then Your Contract Note Shall Be Generated Everyday With Zero Amount As Obligation, Till It Comes Out Of No Delivery....

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde
Hello Sir

But, SEBI scrapped the No-Delivery period last year. So, if we buy shares during the Book-Closure period, will the same thing still apply?

SavantGarde

Hi VMonu,

If SEBI Has Scrapped ND, Then What I Have Written About 'No Delivery Period' Stands Cancelled & Thanks For Bringing It To My Notice

Happy & Safer Investing

SavantGarde

Hello Sir

But, SEBI scrapped the No-Delivery period last year. So, if we buy shares during the Book-Closure period, will the same thing still apply?