Elwave software

Hi, which is better.......
I have seen advanced Get, What is the difference between elwave & Advance Get, How are these software better than metastock.
thanks ....sara

Sara,
Adget and Elwave use Elliott analysis. Metastock is a general charting software. One can program Metastock but can not program Elwave and Adget. That is why amarnath calls them black boxes because one does not know the algorithm behind them. One can program Metastock to do Elliott analysis and some plugins are available for that.

Which is better ? This is a personal judgement. Depends on what type of analysis you believe in. Elliott adherents sware by its success. If you are happy with chart pattern analysis and indicator / oscillator analysis, Metastock is fine.

Dear Unni
Welcome to the domain of waves. Most complex and exhaustive means of analysis. Be prepared to enter the domain of mysticism and philosophy of cyclicity of nature.Big jolts in trading and bundles of charts.
I am not aware which software you are contemplating to buy but the the one supplied by Prognosis is by far the best. If u are adapt with the theory of scenarios and option analysis, that is, building various futuristic scenarios and vetting outcomes of futuristic options, typically like carrying out an appreciation like an Army General, then it should be easy.

All the best to You.

Regards

Junky

Nicely summarized by Amarnath.. Too much reliance on trading systems is dangerous. We must also get our discipline and money management skills in place before we get into more sophisticated trading systems ..IMHO..

Hi Friends,
Instead of Elawave, have you brought up kids( God bless, You all will have them. And having studied in a college, go to the same college after 25 years and find yourself a person non grata, looking into a void and not able to secure an admission for your kid? Ah! why does a man make money for after all ! It is absolutely not nesseccary that you child is going to be as brilliant or dumb as you were! so as it may be, I proceed on Elawave having got tired of colleges!)

Earlier also I tried to explain Elawave in this forum but somehow it was not popular. Probably the administrator lot do not support it or may be due to other reasons. May I begin by the fundamental postulation that in any analysis including those for basic scientific ones like nucs or headache, there are only options and possibilities but never a definitive solution. Similarily in the Technical analysis, a possible trend is forecasted and it is jugdemental, subjective and depends on ones skills.

Elliot wave theory of stock trend is similarily one of the thoeries ( not gospal truth) which, based on the past record, tries to predict the future. In doing so it generates many existing possibilities including the best one. It points towards the direction of the trend and predicts targets based on continuation of that trend. It also predicts that if the present trend breaks down what other trends would emerge and what would be the targets / exit point. But that is not enough! On continuem, it keeps judging the trend and to the discomfort of many, may waver in its analysis quite often.

All my friend who work in the higher echlons would know the value of scenario building! Elave, to my experience is one such tool of scenario building in stock trends. If it is so, then, the beauty must lie in the eyes of the beholder not not in the tools you possess. It is your ability to understand the analysis that will pay devidend and not the technical tool you possess though the supiority of the tool utimately does matter provided there is matching proficiency in using it.

Try it! All the best.Do not follow any system like a blindman because you have lots to loose!
Cheers !
Junky

Hi

I Am Achiever and i have been using this software for some time now , its very good software esp the Metastock Plugin - i would say its worth the money .

Have Good Time Making Money.

Brgds

Achiever

dEAR investok
I had got metastock but don't know how to use it. please help me for that at least tell me how to get the data of a particular indian scrip. from where these data are available and what is the price or is it free. BSE site is also using metalstock but there is no plugin for elitwave there so please guideme on that.
regards

investock said:
Sara,
Adget and Elwave use Elliott analysis. Metastock is a general charting software. One can program Metastock but can not program Elwave and Adget. That is why amarnath calls them black boxes because one does not know the algorithm behind them. One can program Metastock to do Elliott analysis and some plugins are available for that.

Which is better ? This is a personal judgement. Depends on what type of analysis you believe in. Elliott adherents sware by its success. If you are happy with chart pattern analysis and indicator / oscillator analysis, Metastock is fine.