Elliottwave addon for metastock backtested

Hi all
i backtested an elliottwave addon for metastcok for nifty futures 5 minutes data from 15 2 2007 till today.The results i got are unbelievable.It is showing 155% per ammum without using leverage which is impossible.Pls guide me if i have made any mistake in backtesting ? i am confused:confused:.

Hi all
i backtested an elliottwave addon for metastcok for nifty futures 5 minutes data from 15 2 2007 till today.The results i got are unbelievable.It is showing 155% per ammum without using leverage which is impossible.Pls guide me if i have made any mistake in backtesting ? i am confused:confused:.
Dear Raja the royal

I will be very greatful to you if you have posted this eliot wave add on here.

Pl, help.

Thanks

Pra

oxusmorouz

Hi all
It uses zig zag and peeks into the future if I'm not mistaken. It is, of course, an elliott wave system. Add this to the fact that metastock backtester is worth junk.

The Best result that any system has given to me till now is : The System based on PivotHigh and PivotLow (as suggested by SAINT). Go long when the price crosses latest PivotHigh. Go short when price crossed latest PivotLow. Use 20 minute timeframe (20 min timeframe is best while backtesting).
You will be amazed by the result.. Backtest it on AB. It will give you 200% return per annum without any leverage!!!

And yes..... This does not use any ZigZag :)

V

vvvv

The Best result that any system has given to me till now is : The System based on PivotHigh and PivotLow (as suggested by SAINT). Go long when the price crosses latest PivotHigh. Go short when price crossed latest PivotLow. Use 20 minute timeframe (20 min timeframe is best while backtesting).
You will be amazed by the result.. Backtest it on AB. It will give you 200% return per annum without any leverage!!!

how u deal with gaps...so many times u get a vertical move down & u have to wait for pivots the whole day...wht do u do???

Did u back test it from 2001 to 2003?If u had ur comments would be reversed.I have tested it and it gives negetive results.It works only on trending market.

Did u back test it from 2001 to 2003?If u had ur comments would be reversed.I have tested it and it gives negetive results.It works only on trending market.
You are correct. It works only on trending market.
But aren't there stocks which always tend to trend? I can bet that stocks like DLF, Suzlon, Unitech, RelCap will keep on trending (may be downwards or may be upwards) for next one year. Why can't we apply Saint's strategy on these stocks for next year !! By the way, if you use 20 min timeframe to find PH/PL, you don't need a hugely trending stock.
Nifty hasn't trended since last 3 months. But, even then this strategy has given 30% return in last 3 months (without any leverage) !

Nobody knows the future. Even elliotist don't !!!

Last edited:
how u deal with gaps...so many times u get a vertical move down & u have to wait for pivots the whole day...wht do u do???
Only solution to this problem is - cut your position into half !!!!!!!

No strategy can take care of gapups and gapdowns. !!

On an interesting note - Most of the gaps occur in the direction of prevailing trade !!! So gaps are great for this FLOW strategy :D

You are correct. It works only on trending market.
But aren't there stocks which always tend to trend? I can bet that stocks like DLF, Suzlon, Unitech, RelCap will keep on trending (may be downwards or may be upwards) for next one year. Why can't we apply Saint's strategy on these stocks for next year !! By the way, if you use 20 min timeframe to find PH/PL, you don't need a hugely trending stock.
Nifty hasn't trended since last 3 months. But, even then this strategy has given 30 return in last 3 months (without any leverage) !

Nobody knows the future. Even elliotist don't !!!
Dear friend
Can u name few stocks which trended the past 3 months when nifty was not trending? Even ur dlfs unitechs suzlons were range bound.I think when the market is rangebound all other stocks are also range bound leaving some exceptional cases.How r u sure that those stocks will be in trending mode for one year?
Next is the problem of money management.with dlf with a lot of 3000 how will u manage ur money?Thats why i trade in nifty only it allows proper money management.
can u give the details of ur trade which u took on following that system and made 30%?i am asking this because i could not find how one could have achived 30% by trading that strategy i will clear my doubt .
Thank u.