Elliott Wave based outlook for the NIFTY

V

v_k_b

Excerpt from www.elliottwaveanalyst.com - (For 22/08/2006)

There is a distinct possibility of triangular activity over the last few trading sessions, giving rise to an exciting trading opportunity. The trade is to go short if the market moves up on 22nd August, to reverse later and go below 3334. The stop loss will be the high made in the process. Tighter stops can only be put in place once the wave structure of the downmove is seen.

V

v_k_b

From www.elliottwaveanalyst.com (23/08/2006)-

Yesterday, it was suggested to be ready for going short. The idea was
based on the notice of triangular activity over the past few days.
There was the customary upthrust post that triangle, after which the
expected turnaround happened.
Further, the following intraday update was sent to newsletter subscribers:

V

v_k_b

From ElliottWaveAnalyst - 24/08/2006

A near perfect trade!

The following sequence tells the story -

* 21st Aug - End of day Newsletter suggests to get ready for going short
* 22nd Aug - 10:40 am - Short on a movement below 3385
* 23rd Aug - 12:05 pm - Warning about correction nearing end. Exit placed at 3365
* 23rd Aug - 03:00 pm - Advise to exit shorts.

Consequently, we managed to catch most of the 70 pts correction with a maximum risk of 15 pts in the worst case scenario. A nice little trade with as low risk as one could possibly get!

SGM

From ElliottWaveAnalyst - 24/08/2006

A near perfect trade!

The following sequence tells the story -

* 21st Aug - End of day Newsletter suggests to get ready for going short
* 22nd Aug - 10:40 am - Short on a movement below 3385
* 23rd Aug - 12:05 pm - Warning about correction nearing end. Exit placed at 3365
* 23rd Aug - 03:00 pm - Advise to exit shorts.
Consequently, we managed to catch most of the 70 pts correction with a maximum risk of 15 pts in the worst case scenario. A nice little trade with as low risk as one could possibly get!
I am sure you must have gone short @ 3750 in May and covered and went long @ 2600 in June, Right?

V

v_k_b

Yes...things can be tweaked in hindsight....But the difficulty lies in sending out a newsletter "ahead" of events.

Yes...things can be tweaked in hindsight....But the difficulty lies in sending out a newsletter "ahead" of events.
Don't get me wrong mate... I am not implying that you used hindsight... reading SGM's comment bought I smile to my face.. and I just replied in good humour..

The thing about hindsight was a general comment.. not specific to you.

V

v_k_b

>> SO U Selling news letters?

Of course. What else?

There is nothing new in this. Get people to be aware of the free newsletters. Go commercial when there is a critical mass. Till then, people who dont want to pay also benefit.

SGM

Of course. What else?

There is nothing new in this. Get people to be aware of the free newsletters. Go commercial when there is a critical mass. Till then, people who dont want to pay also benefit.
Exactly, You Said it, There is nothing new in this, anyway...

Best Wishes for Your News Letter

Regards
Sanjay

Last edited: