eligibility for dividend- help needed from seniors

Dear Friends,

I am using Angel diet for my online trading and always buying shares for Delivery. But I heard from someone that if I am recieving margin statements from the broker then that means that shares are lying with broker account and in that case there could be some problem in getting dividend. Since I am new to this trading world I request seniors members to help me.

Waiting for your reply.

Saloni

nac

^ Your shares should not lie with pool account of broker's. I am sure you would have DP account. Check whether your share is there or not. Normally you would get a holding statement from your DP at least once in a month.(if you got something in your DP). If they are holding your shares in their pool account (may be for T+2 days), after two days they would sent it to your account, I guess. Some one well help you in this regard. I ain't much of a swing/positional trader.

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have DP acoount but the statement I recieved last month shows no shares in that. I started buying shares from 18th feb onword but the DP statement for the period march 2009 to march 2010 shows zero shares. Any further suggestion.

nac

Make a complaint. It should be in yours. If (in case) you have authorized to keep your shares in their pool account (I am just saying, they might have got your signature one of 100's of signature u signed during account opening) cancel it and bring it in your account. Then what's for DP account, if they can keep it in their pool account.

Note: I am just saying you might have authorized. I don't got any idea whether they can do this or not. HHELLLLLOOOO some one help this kid....