Dual Monitor setup

Hello all,

I have a Lenovo all-in-one PC which has a screen of 18.5 inches. I plan to setup a dual monitor setup. I'm not sure which monitor i should buy. Micromax 18.5 seems to be the cheapest. The lenovo i have doesn't have a vga/dvi port. It only has a hdmi port. So i will have to get a hdmi to vga adapter and a vga cable?? Kindly suggest a cheap monitor that i can setup with my lenovo.

Secondly, i'm planning to buy a dual monitor stand as my working table is rather small. I have checked online for dual monitor stands but they dont seem to fit the back my lenovo as they are all vesa mounts. Any suggestions would ne very helpful. I'm not a computer savvy guy. So, i have no clue what mounts/stands might fit.

Thanks.

travi

Hello all,

I have a Lenovo all-in-one PC which has a screen of 18.5 inches. I plan to setup a dual monitor setup. I'm not sure which monitor i should buy. Micromax 18.5 seems to be the cheapest. The lenovo i have doesn't have a vga/dvi port. It only has a hdmi port. So i will have to get a hdmi to vga adapter and a vga cable?? Kindly suggest a cheap monitor that i can setup with my lenovo.

Thanks.
To answer the first part of your question, don't worry about interoperability.
All standard PC monitors will work directly without any drivers etc to be installed.

1. VGA monitors are cheaper than HDMI monitors, so you can go online and search for converters that have good reviews. Some knock-offs also work well and you can get a good deal.

2. Which monitor to buy? again, look for cost-effective ones with "good reviews" and warranty terms, eg. you should have local support.

3. You don't need to buy a VGA cable, its included with the monitor.

To answer the first part of your question, don't worry about interoperability.
All standard PC monitors will work directly without any drivers etc to be installed.

1. VGA monitors are cheaper than HDMI monitors, so you can go online and search for converters that have good reviews. Some knock-offs also work well and you can get a good deal.

2. Which monitor to buy? again, look for cost-effective ones with "good reviews" and warranty terms, eg. you should have local support.

3. You don't need to buy a VGA cable, its included with the monitor.
Thank you very much sir. Much helpful feedback from you.

Looks excellent albeit a bit on the expensive side. My biggest problem owning the all in one pc is that the back of the screen has a stand which cannot be removed. With most stand alone monitors you can remove the stand and mount the monitor on a desk stand. Same cannot be done on my comp. What you have suggested makes very good sense as i can mount my pc on the wall and can mount 1 or 2 more monitors on a dual stand like this http://www.amazon.in/CNCT-LCD-VESA...478588649&sr=8-2&keywords=dual+monitor+stand .

Thank you very much sirji!! :thumb:

VJAY

From one desktop system how can we connect another monitor?there is only one output from CPU right?or we need one more card to be installed?

travi

From one desktop system how can we connect another monitor?there is only one output from CPU right?or we need one more card to be installed?
This is one of those All-in-one PC's from Lenovo. Slightly portable when compared to regular desktops.
This one comes with an additional HDMI port.

travi

Looks excellent albeit a bit on the expensive side. My biggest problem owning the all in one pc is that the back of the screen has a stand which cannot be removed. With most stand alone monitors you can remove the stand and mount the monitor on a desk stand. Same cannot be done on my comp. What you have suggested makes very good sense as i can mount my pc on the wall and can mount 1 or 2 more monitors on a dual stand like this .

Thank you very much sirji!! :thumb:
Yes, a bit expensive but I've not seen anything cheaper either.
You can use the "Thanks" button under the users posts to thank them as well :D

vijkris

Learner and Follower
If u r talking abt normal pc with separate cpu, then there is only one vga port and only one monitor can be connected. Maybe some dual vga cables r present but i m not sure whether it ll work or not.
I saw this lenovo all in one pc at ICICI Bank branch, they r real space saver though.