Dual internet connetion

hir0406

hello everyone,
i have 5mbs/unlimted internet from my cable oprator in mumbai.it works very well normally. but from last few days i am having lots of disconnetion maybe be because of rains. so i planned to keep one backup internet connection and bought airtel home wifi with plan of 1000rs for 10gb data per month. i know that it is very easy to connect both to my system and run but i want to know that is their anyway that it can keep switching to one another if one lost the connetion. i dont want to use airtel wifi as base connection because it will use huge data and i will be charged heavy. so i want to know can i use my broadband as base connection and when ever my base connection is down my pc can switch to airtel and when its up again it can switch back to broadband?

thanks

vijkris

Learner and Follower
hello everyone,
i have 5mbs/unlimted internet from my cable oprator in mumbai.it works very well normally. but from last few days i am having lots of disconnetion maybe be because of rains. so i planned to keep one backup internet connection and bought airtel home wifi with plan of 1000rs for 10gb data per month. i know that it is very easy to connect both to my system and run but i want to know that is their anyway that it can keep switching to one another if one lost the connetion. i dont want to use airtel wifi as base connection because it will use huge data and i will be charged heavy. so i want to know can i use my broadband as base connection and when ever my base connection is down my pc can switch to airtel and when its up again it can switch back to broadband?

thanks
yes.... u can keep airtel wifi as standby and switch it on only when needed .
only issue is that u have to manually switch on the dongle/wifi .:D

mastermind007

hello everyone,

thanks
What you want to create is a fall back system.

I believe Belkin used to sell a wireless router that had provision to add a SIM inside it that will be activated whenever main internet provider was disconnected.

Blackhole

What you want to create is a fall back system.

I believe Belkin used to sell a wireless router that had provision to add a SIM inside it that will be activated whenever main internet provider was disconnected.
truly said! :thumb:

there are some routers that provide different technology support on same device with mulitple connectionand multiple possible service support . for instance cdma support (connection) with tata/reliance service along with gsm sim support for fall back......wired /wireless and multiple device like laptop,mobile connection...do not know abt new airtel...as all this companies want us to be tiedup with them.most of them do not work well with open hardware....

belkin, dlink ,huawei...all have this kind of hardware and support ...used with reliance and also with bsnl(dsl wired + gsm )....

Last edited:

mastermind007

truly said! :thumb:

there are some routers that provide different technology support on same device with mulitple connectionand multiple possible service support . for instance cdma support (connection) with tata/reliance service along with gsm sim support for fall back......wired /wireless and multiple device like laptop,mobile connection...do not know abt new airtel...as all this companies want us to be tiedup with them.most of them do not work well with open hardware....

belkin, dlink ,huawei...all have this kind of hardware and support ...used with reliance and also with bsnl(dsl wired + gsm )....
On that note, any idea where I can get vodafone R2601 dongle unlocked in mumbai area.

Vodafone gallery, as usual, is tremendous waste of time filled with young boys and girls who are too eager to sell you something but have no real solutions to offer.

Snake.Head

hello everyone,

thanks
You need is Load Balance Router
In which you can connect two internet services
It has option load balance use both at same time or fall back if one fails

Blackhole

On that note, any idea where I can get vodafone R2601 dongle unlocked in mumbai area.

Vodafone gallery, as usual, is tremendous waste of time filled with young boys and girls who are too eager to sell you something but have no real solutions to offer.
U r techkie guy mm, u can do it on your own...many 3rd party software are freely available on net that flashes dongle and can be used with any other operator....officially vodafone store people are not allowed to unlock...or simply visit any local mobile vendor that can help with u...if friend it will be done free or else some charge........will try to find some one for u....nowadays i do not stay there...

believe me its very simple and trivial thing for u...just search appropriately.

mastermind007

U r techkie guy mm, u can do it on your own...many 3rd party software are freely available on net that flashes dongle and can be used with any other operator....officially vodafone store people are not allowed to unlock...or simply visit any local mobile vendor that can help with u...if friend it will be done free or else some charge........will try to find some one for u....nowadays i do not stay there...

believe me its very simple and trivial thing for u...just search appropriately.
I am techie but not of telco technology. Plus, I am a bit wary of downloading all this kind of software cause many of them are likely to contain malwares.

I did find one guy in downtown Mumbai who has agreed to do this for 400 bucks.

mastermind007

Blackhole

As it turned out, both of us were correct in our own ways.

The guy to whom I had given device to unlock (for 400 rs) returned it back to me after two days saying that he was not able to do it. Wasted some more time at few dozen shops in two tech plazas after which I felt your advice made more sense after all.

At first, I started surfing google and finally left google after it constantly kept ignoring my double quotes when it could not find any result. Moved to Bing which looks preety but acts rotten at the same time.

Downloaded whole bunch of software, all of which showed one name while downloading and another name while getting installed (That should have rung huge alarm bells, but it didn't).

Predictably, downloaded stuff were bundling softwares teeming with malwares and trojans and whatnots, and so I ended up with few bunch of ad malware and browser hijackers and what not. None of them are classified as virus by antivirus so they all can freely sneak into your PC. Fortunately, I did all this crappy stuff in VPS so simply asked VPS company to format the hard-drive.

Finally, on 10th day of hunting around in the dense Jungle of Yahoo, I found one company that had living breathing human being at other and he took equivalent of 300 rs in US dollars and gave me the magical 16 digit code needed to jail break the dongle

Absolutely amazing in the way that this people write code to sneak in. It is simply mind-blowing about the importance they give to your consent. They want to take (used as euphemism for steal) things from your PC but they will only do so after you give them your consent to do so and they will go to any lengths to hide how they get your consent. Desi brokers can learn thing or two from this wiz malware makers.

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Blackhole

As it turned out, both of us were correct in our own ways.

The guy to whom I had given device to unlock (for 400 rs) returned it back to me after two days saying that he was not able to do it. Wasted some more time at few dozen shops in two tech plazas after which I felt your advice made more sense after all.

At first, I started surfing google and finally left google after it constantly kept ignoring my double quotes when it could not find any result. Moved to Bing which looks preety but acts rotten at the same time.

Downloaded whole bunch of software, all of which showed one name while downloading and another name while getting installed (That should have rung huge alarm bells, but it didn't).

Predictably, downloaded stuff were bundling softwares teeming with malwares and trojans and whatnots, and so I ended up with few bunch of ad malware and browser hijackers and what not. None of them are classified as virus by antivirus so they all can freely sneak into your PC. Fortunately, I did all this crappy stuff in VPS so simply asked VPS company to format the hard-drive.

Finally, on 10th day of hunting around in the dense Jungle of Yahoo, I found one company that had living breathing human being at other and he took equivalent of 300 rs in US dollars and gave me the magical 16 digit code needed to jail break the dongle

Absolutely amazing in the way that this people write code to sneak in. It is simply mind-blowing about the importance they give to your consent. They want to take (used as euphemism for steal) things from your PC but they will only do so after you give them your consent to do so and they will go to any lengths to hide how they get your consent. Desi brokers can learn thing or two from this wiz malware makers.
Lesson learnt :
1. If u r ready to format hard drive then risk downloading "unlock" software.
2. Buy open and unlocked dongles. :D :thumb: