DSPML Equity - Growth

As you may know DSPML Equity - Growth one of the hottest and well-diversified schemes around. I was thinking of starting a SIP for the same. However, I've a few doubts which I'm sure you guys will help me clarify.

1) The VR-Online website states that the scheme was launched only in June 2007 but its still rated as a 5-star fund. As per policy, they don't rate any fund which is less than 3 year old and hence, I'm confused.

2) At some other place, I saw the launch date for the very same fund as April 1997. Also, the current NAV for the fund is Rs. 12.045 (as of May 22nd, 2008) which suggests its not an old fund at all.

My question is whether there are two funds with similar sounding names, which is very unlikely and also, if its launched just a year ago, why is it rated so highly? :confused:

milind

Not sure about the growth option. DSPML-Equity-Div is over Rs46. Usually growth NAV is larger. Anyhow, as said numerous times before on this forum, NAV is of no consequence, its the performance and management of the fund that should influence the investment decision. It is a good fund to invest in.

-- Milind

My understanding in regards to MF with DIV and Growth is that DIV ones give the Div at regular periods whereas the Growth ones will reinvest the div back into the fund.Is this correct?
If so,either DIV and Growth ones should have the same portfolio. Then why would one (Growth) is rated as sell whereas DIV is rated as Buy?Please clarify...

My understanding in regards to MF with DIV and Growth is that DIV ones give the Div at regular periods whereas the Growth ones will reinvest the div back into the fund.Is this correct?
If so,either DIV and Growth ones should have the same portfolio. Then why would one (Growth) is rated as sell whereas DIV is rated as Buy?Please clarify...
Yes you are correct.

If the growth and div are rated differently, then thats bad rating.