• Yes

Votes: 13 92.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

rpc

Are you interested only in monthly expiries both for futures and options ?
Can you point out which EOD providers give you continuous contract ?

Futures contracts
Which currency pairs have monthly contracts only. USDINR have 12 contracts whereas EURINR have 23 contracts. It is possible to have monthly contracts numbered I to XII whereas weekly/other contracts will have unchanged suffix.

Options contracts are much more complicated and have not thought about them.

Last edited:

kaly422000

@optionwriter and @kaly422000
I got a reply from my programming forum.
You are unable to download with DQuotes/DCDQuotes because nse website is using TLSv1.3 protocol which is not supported by win7.
You may have a look at here and here for solution.
Please BEWARE both solutions require change in registry entries, so proceed only if you are comfortable with editing registry entries and with CAUTION.
Thanks
if nse is using TLSv 1.3 then in window 7 i can dnload bhavcopy etc from nse sites and also i am using getbhavcopy and stockd( this is another eod downloader dnload from new nse site by virresh in traderji forum). any way though it is not working in win7 without registry edit,then also i have full support for u(rpc) for developing such downloader.

kaly422000

@optionwriter and @kaly422000
I got a reply from my programming forum.
You are unable to download with DQuotes/DCDQuotes because nse website is using TLSv1.3 protocol which is not supported by win7.
You may have a look at here and here for solution.
Please BEWARE both solutions require change in registry entries, so proceed only if you are comfortable with editing registry entries and with CAUTION.
Thanks
will tls 1.2 will do then i had set earlier tls 1.2 but it can be set from browser menu also may be

Are you interested only in monthly expiries both for futures and options ?
Can you point out which EOD providers give you continuous contract ?

Futures contracts
Which currency pairs have monthly contracts only. USDINR have 12 contracts whereas EURINR have 23 contracts. It is possible to have monthly contracts numbered I to XII whereas weekly/other contracts will have unchanged suffix.

Options contracts are much more complicated and have not thought about them.
Hi RPC. NSE CD eod bhavcopy have two files one is future only another is option file no need to option file mapping just focus to future file...
check bhavcopy once...

rpc

if nse is using TLSv 1.3 then in window 7 i can dnload bhavcopy etc from nse sites and also i am using getbhavcopy and stockd( this is another eod downloader dnload from new nse site by virresh in traderji forum). any way though it is not working in win7 without registry edit,then also i have full support for u(rpc) for developing such downloader.
Thanks for your support.

Hello
I would like to add a suggestion for the new update . Downloaded data contains one last row that should be useless to almost every one as I assume that most people use it for charting purposes. The last row is "isin" that contains security info. Insted you can add open open interest (delivery info ) row. In any case isin should be removed because we have to manually delete the row every time before importing the charting software.
One more suggestion, I dont know weather it would be feasible or not to impliment . There can also be a function to manually import the bhavcopy file and indices file , weather nse or bse , then dquotes would also work as converter. This can be useful if data location is changed on nse bse website and dquotes is not able to download data.
Many thanks for the excellent software

rpc

Hi Safdar
Thanks for your post.
Last column of downloaded file is ISIN field. While importing in your software you may omit to import it. Most softwares allow you to select the columns to be imported.
DQuotes already downloads Delivery Volume and Percentage. Pls use this update.
I have already uploaded a convert program which allows you to select the fields you want to convert to CSV file. You can download it from here .
Please let me know if it serves your purpose.
Thanks

Hi Safdar
Thanks for your post.
Last column of downloaded file is ISIN field. While importing in your software you may omit to import it. Most softwares allow you to select the columns to be imported.
DQuotes already downloads Delivery Volume and Percentage. Pls use this update.
I have already uploaded a convert program which allows you to select the fields you want to convert to CSV file. You can download it from here .
Please let me know if it serves your purpose.
Thanks