Down Load of Data for Meta Stock or FC Chart

Dear Sir,

I want to update only NIFTY stock by using NSE Bhav Copy in metastock or FC Chart software. Is it possble ? Is there any command in metastock downloader or in FC chart to do this ?
In NCDEX and MCX commodity name is same for different month contract . HOw can I update NCDEX and MCX data by using bhav copy?
I will be thankful if any one of you can solve my problem.

Jayesh

Dear jayesh

I doubt, in simple ways, that you can do this, but you can do one thing. add
all stocks and just watch those required....I hope you might be doing this..

have a nice day
JohnBest

jdm

Jayesh said:
Dear Sir,

I want to update only NIFTY stock by using NSE Bhav Copy in metastock or FC Chart software. Is it possble ?

Jayesh
FCharts is a nice babe perticularly when its comes to data management.

if your symbol list is FCharts contains only the nifty stocks then stocks then:

1. simply format the bhavcopy in FCharts format i.e. symbol, date, open , high, low, close, & volume format (delete the other fields)

2. Before importing the bhavcopy check the box "dont add new companies when importing data" in to improt tab in import export botton. This will exclude other symbols from getting imported along with the nifty stocks.

But if you want to track all the script in the bhavcopy and want to track the nifty script in an exclusive zone then put the nifty stock in a separate watchlist.

example
1. open the chart lets say infosys (which is a nifty stock)
2. Open the "EDIT CO" button on the left hand side and click on "WATCHLIST" tab.
3. Click on Watch 1
4. Click OK
repeat this process for the rest 49 nifty stocks.

On the main charts click on the 2nd Drop box at the top and select Watch 1(50).
(50)here represents the no. of script in the watchlist. this will filter out the other scripts. you can make upto 20 watchlists in FCharts (eg a different watchlist for nifty junior or a different watchlist for your favourite stocks.

you can also rename the watch list from Setting>Watchlist/Index Setting>Rename Watchlist

cheers,
jdm.

ragsid

Hi JDM,

The NSE Bhavcopy doesnt have the S&P CNX NIFTY index data. How would you update that to your Fcharts database. I have around 2 years data for the NSE scrips in Fcharts, but dont have the NIFTY data. How Can I upload only NIFTY data.

Thanks,

Rags

ragsid said:
How Can I upload only NIFTY data.

Thanks,

Rags
You can get the NIFTY data displayed here and after copying you can paste the same on an excel sheet. cohttp://www.nseindia.com/content/indices/ind_histvalues.htm

Regards,
-Ashish

Jayesh said:
Dear Sir,

I want to update only NIFTY stock by using NSE Bhav Copy in metastock or FC Chart software. Is it possble ? Is there any command in metastock downloader or in FC chart to do this ?
In NCDEX and MCX commodity name is same for different month contract . HOw can I update NCDEX and MCX data by using bhav copy?
I will be thankful if any one of you can solve my problem.

Jayesh
You can discard the unwanted data in NSE Bhavcopy using the match function of Excel if you jot down the list of Nifty constituents in one excel file. You will need to prepare this list once only. You can also create a simple macro to do this job.

For Futures, I guess you need to do some work. Define the near-month contract data as a seperate databse and upload the contracts with different expiry dates to different databses seperately.

Regards,
--Ashish

jdm

ragsid said:
Hi JDM,

The NSE Bhavcopy doesnt have the S&P CNX NIFTY index data. How would you update that to your Fcharts database. I have around 2 years data for the NSE scrips in Fcharts, but dont have the NIFTY data. How Can I upload only NIFTY data.

Thanks,

Rags
go to the yahoo group bse-nse2005
http://in.groups.yahoo.com/group/bse-nse2005/

they provides EOD data for free. hope you will find your answer.

hello alls.
i m new in this line & i want to kno about fc chart how its work. wt is cost. how can i get it. how much its been usefull for me.
please direct me this way.