Doubt Relief !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi karthik,

Truly appreciate your efforts in initiating this. Wish you all the best, rest assured that you have the able support of members here.

Regards,
Prakash

All the best Karthik. Would look forward to your learned views.

Regards,
Gaurav

karthikmarar said:
Hi friends

I have gained a lot from this forum. I have always admired those in this forum who helped others with their knowledge and selfless effort. Amit , Saint, Ravi T, cremee , Supratick, wastej are very examples of this selfless service. Other like satya, Joy contribute by providing their software innovations with others in the forum. There is swing trader who runs the excellent charting site for the benefit of all. Other like naultilus and sh50 share their excellent knowledge with us. There are so many others posting links to books, article etc. Other like Karuna and Jaideep help us take a moment off the monotony of trading and relax. The List can go on and on. All are doing excellent job.

I also wished to do my part. It would only be apt to use the knowledge gained in this forum to give back something. Of late with Ravi T and Cremee out of action the load on Amit and Saint has increased tremendously. I felt that this is an area I could make some effective contribution. So when Amit suggested starting a thread to help the member with their queries I readily acceptance the idea. So I am staring this thread in order to answer your queries on stocks. I sincerely hope that this would help everyone with the usual dilemma of to Buy or nor to Buy, to Hold or not to Hold, to Sell or not to Sell.

Warm Regards

Karthik

karthikmarar

smatrix said:
hi Karthik,

Great initiative from your side.. thank u so much...

I would like to hear on the prospects of SAIL and Hindalco

Cheers,
Shirish.
Shirish

Here is my view on SAIL and HIndalco

SAIL

Looks miserable on the chart. During the correction it almost touched the year low. All indicators are bearish. It did pick up after the correction but unable to cross the stiff resistance at 54. There is too much density overhead with resistances at 57, 59, 62 etc. A falling ADX indicates lack of trend. Better to keep off this now. In general the steel sector is not performing well now.

HINDALCO

It is a good company. They have been consistently doing better in the last three years. The half yearly result is also very good. The net profit increased about 25% compared to the corresponding period last year. It is definitely a long-term investment.

The comany has announce rights in the ration of one for every four held at a rate of 95 per share. Friday was the last day for purchase of cum rights shares. Today is the book closure and would remain closed till 28th. So the price was expected drift down towards the rights price. But todays drop was quite huge.

Chartwise it does not look positive now. It was slowly turning positive, but todays drop made it worse. As per chart the short term is bearish, the intermediate term is neutral. There also lack of direction. The stock may drop further. You may get it still cheaper.

regards

Karthik

Hi Karthik,
First of all accept my heariest thanks for starting this thread.
Reading your post on Hindalco, I am bit afraid now, I took position @125.
Should I exit or keep on holding.

Regards
sjoshi

Here is my view on SAIL and HIndalco

SAIL

Looks miserable on the chart. During the correction it almost touched the year low. All indicators are bearish. It did pick up after the correction but unable to cross the stiff resistance at 54. There is too much density overhead with resistances at 57, 59, 62 etc. A falling ADX indicates lack of trend. Better to keep off this now. In general the steel sector is not performing well now.

HINDALCO

It is a good company. They have been consistently doing better in the last three years. The half yearly result is also very good. The net profit increased about 25% compared to the corresponding period last year. It is definitely a long-term investment.

The comany has announce rights in the ration of one for every four held at a rate of 95 per share. Friday was the last day for purchase of cum rights shares. Today is the book closure and would remain closed till 28th. So the price was expected drift down towards the rights price. But todays drop was quite huge.

Chartwise it does not look positive now. It was slowly turning positive, but todays drop made it worse. As per chart the short term is bearish, the intermediate term is neutral. There also lack of direction. The stock may drop further. You may get it still cheaper.

regards

Karthik[/QUOTE]

Hi Karthik,
thanks for your views on this

I am holding SAIL and HINDALCO. I purchased SAIL(100 at 66) in the bull run . It proved out to be a loser.

Regarding hindalco I havent received any communication regarding rights issue.. Further I wasnt even aware that Friday was the last day to purchase the rights issue.

What is the benifit of rights issue to the share holders if at all the prices drop so drastically after the issue??

also what about the loss if i dont opt for rights issue??...I think those guys are taking ppl for a ride..I feel this is unfair game...:(

Thanks,
Shirish.

karthikmarar

mail2joshi said:
Hi Karthik,
First of all accept my heariest thanks for starting this thread.
Reading your post on Hindalco, I am bit afraid now, I took position @125.
Should I exit or keep on holding.

Regards
sjoshi
joshi

There is no reason for exit right now. Hold it. It is a funsmentally good stock. The downside will be limited and we can see northward movement soon.

regards

karthik

karthikmarar said:
joshi

There is no reason for exit right now. Hold it. It is a funsmentally good stock. The downside will be limited and we can see northward movement soon.

regards

karthik
Hi Karthik,
Thanks a lot for promt reply

Regards
sjoshi

karthikmarar

smatrix said:
Regarding hindalco I havent received any communication regarding rights issue.. Further I wasnt even aware that Friday was the last day to purchase the rights issue.

What is the benifit of rights issue to the share holders if at all the prices drop so drastically after the issue??

also what about the loss if i dont opt for rights issue??...I think those guys are taking ppl for a ride..I feel this is unfair game...:(

Thanks,
Shirish.
Shirsh

A few clarifications.

Friday was not the last day for purchasing the right issue. It was the last day for cum-right purchases..meaning those bought the shares till friday would be eligible for rights issue.

Rights issue will be issued next month. the date for application would open in the middle of december..(Dont remember exact date).

You will receive a noticification...rather application for right issue soon as i understand.

The downward moment is in anticipation of lower prices as the rights issue is priced at 95 compared to the current current of 125. Anyway this is a temporary thing and would pass... :)

Anyway in the stock market game we small investor are always in a disadvantageous position..isn't. The fun is in taking our bit out from the sharks..;)

regards

karthikmarar said:
Shirsh

Anyway in the stock market game we small investor are always in a disadvantageous position..isn't. The fun is in taking our bit out from the sharks..;)

regards

Karthik,

thanks for the clarification and words of encouragement.

regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.