Doubt Relief !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
karthikmarar said:
I always bang my head on the wall trying to figure out why people put their hard earned money in loss making and BIFR companies. Please do look into the company you are putting your money into. It is always better to invest in sound companies.

regards

Actually in past once i was tempted to buy IFCI (trading at 18-20 at that time) since it fell substantially the day before . When I had a look at their financials It sounded an alarm in my mind and I made the decision not to buy it..

it s a good practice to have a look at fundamentals (ie PE , EPS and profits/sales for last few years).

Regards,
Shirish

Dear Karthik
Thanks for your ongoing initiatives (and Amitbe's/others of course)

It is my belief that we can make this good forum even better by
- encouraging members to write more terse/brief/concise comments
- encouraging more fundamental inputs ( e.g. EPS, PE projections of prospective scrips) over and above the technicals. AFter all let us not forget that it is the fundamentals which drive the technicals.

Appreciate your views
Agilent

Further to my post above, may I add that my comments are prompted mainly by the contents of that epic thread "some good steals" which offered fantastic value to members, but was perhaps short on fundamental analyses overall.

Of course I am a relative new member , so I will stand corrected if I am proven to be wrong or overcritical.
Ageilent

karthikmarar

Dear Agilent

You are welcome to express your views. Being a newcomer to the forum should not hold you from expressing your views. Sharing thoughts, views, knowledge makes this forum unique.
Even I would like to share a few thoughts with you.

First regarding terse/concise comments. We can always just say Buy or Sell or Hold. If you had noticed in this forum we always try to backup our comments with reason. It not only substantiates the analysis/comment but also provides an opportunity for others to understand and learn. Without the reason it would amount to providing TIPS, which we abhor in this forum. So concise/terse/brief comments are seldom possible.

Secondly regarding the Fundamental inputs. Most queries raised in this forum are for short to medium term where the effect of fundamental inputs is not very significant. In the short to medium term TA helps us much better as it is the reflection of the current greed and fear situation of the market. That is why the concentration on TA is more. I am not ruling the effect of fundamentals fully. Of-course when we talk about long term that the Fundamentals assume much more significance. We will definitely try to provide fundamental inputs as far as possible.
By the way, Amit had always given the fundamental inputs wherever required. We can debate this for long but if I do that I wont be concise, isnt it? :)

You must have noticed that Traderji has opened a new sub forum just for discussing individual stocks. Here we should encourage members to post their views both fundamental and technical on individual stocks.

Warm regards

Karthik

Please advice on Shasun Chemicals

Dear Kartik,
Iam very new to the share market/trading.
Can you please give some advice on SHASUN CHEMICALS?
I read some article about this company and it was very promising.
I took position @ 78.5.
Please throw some light on this share.
Hope this will be useful to other members also.
Luv,
Jd

Hi Karthik,

Great going,my friend..........a super thread!!Wishing you all the best in this very noble and selfless endeavour.As you well know,I have only respect and pride for the person who tries to help without thought of gain.

Keep up the great work!!

Shall add on once in a while when free.

Happy Trading!!
Saint

Hi Karthik,

I have HEXAWARE TECHNOLOGIES bought @ 111 a few months back. (CMP:101). This stock has been in a range from 100 - 111 for quite some time. What are the short to medium prospects of the same?

Thanks in advance,
Prakash

Hi Karthik,
I also hold Hexaware @ 104 and I am also intersted in some ot IT counter like
Geometric and D-link.

Can you please advise us on these with possible entry point.

Thanks
Regards
sjoshi

karthikmarar

Saint said:
Hi Karthik,

Great going,my friend..........a super thread!!Wishing you all the best in this very noble and selfless endeavour.As you well know,I have only respect and pride for the person who tries to help without thought of gain.

Keep up the great work!!

Shall add on once in a while when free.

Happy Trading!!
Saint
Thanks for your wishes, Saint. Just trying to emulate you and Amit. Also trying to put to use things I learnt from both of you. Looking back it has been a wonderful journey of learning and now..stepping into the sharing part.

It will be wonderful if you add on whenever you find time.
Thanks to you ..my friend..

warm regards

Karthik

Dear Karthik,

To-day I have taken small position in AgroDutch Foods Ltd. Fundamentally this scrip looks good. It is a strong presence in Mushroom business -- both in domestic as well as in export market. It as an integrated mushroom processing plant in Punjab --- it makes the Cans also for mushroom canning. Company is showing consistent profit. It is expanding capacity in next year.

Technically as per as I can apprehend, it will face a strong resistance in 70-72 zone, good support at 54-56. I took position at 63. Looks it has started upward trend.

Am I correct to some extent?

Regards,

Trading Learner

Status
Not open for further replies.