Double Desktop a gr8 app for Traders

swagat86

Hi Friends Roman and country men. :D

Here is an app for u called Double Desktop.

What this does? It simply creates two diff desktops on ur same computer.

For traders> we usualy need to keep several applications running. Il just consider two- trading terminal and Charting Sw.

Instructions>

1) Double click on the EXE file. U will c a red button on the system tray.
2) Open terminal( say PIB)
3) Click on the red button on system tray.
4) Open say Ami
Now u can keep switchin between these two Desktops.

DOWNLOAD HERE > DOUBLE Destop.EXE

PS: If u buy two desktops u have to get a better system with a better memory card. Ur system resources are used to the same extent.
If u use two different systems thats always better.

Thanks
Enjoy the weekend. :cool:

Just click on the red button on ur system tray and it will switch.

Hi,

We also have Virtual Desktop Manager for Windows. Quote from Microsoft website:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Virtual Desktop Manager

Manage up to four desktops from the Windows taskbar with this PowerToy.

You can find the download link there.

Praveen.
Hi praveen
Thanks for the link of virtual desktop manager which is a great utility.
This utility gives 4 images of the windows that we are running. I would like to know whether there are any other free utility like grid vista which comes with acer laptop models. The grids it makes is not the images. It divides the desktop into 4 parts where we can open our softwares individually and see the realtime updation also.
gvnarendra

Last edited:
Hi praveen
Thanks for the link of virtual desktop manager which is a great utility.
This utility gives 4 images of the windows that we are running. I would like to whether there are any other free utility like grid vista which comes with acer laptop models. The grids it makes is not the images. It divides the desktop into 4 parts where we can open our softwares individually and see the realtime updation also.
gvnarendra
Hi Narendra,

Sorry friend. No idea about such utilities. I know about VDM, as I'd used it once when I had Windows XP.

May be others can help. Try also Google search(I guess you would have done it already).

Hi Narendra,

Sorry friend. No idea about such utilities. I know about VDM, as I'd used it once when I had Windows XP.

May be others can help. Try also Google search(I guess you would have done it already).
Hi Praveen
Thanks for the reply. I tried googling and got the microdesk utility. it can give 10 windows. but the thing is it will not give 10 windows bifurcated on the desktop. it will be in the form of task bar which is located near windows taskbar. If anybody interested about this free utility can visit the following site for downloading the small utility. http://www.septimiu.ro/products.php
Thanking you
gvnarendra

.... I would like to know whether there are any other free utility like grid vista which comes with acer laptop models. The grids it makes is not the images. It divides the desktop into 4 parts where we can open our softwares individually and see the realtime updation also.
gvnarendra
Is it similar to opening four applications and tiling the windows, so that they occupy the desktop equally? Of course, our screen should be large enough for it.

Is it similar to opening four applications and tiling the windows, so that they occupy the desktop equally? Of course, our screen should be large enough for it.
Yes the applications can be opened in 4 windows and occupy equally in the desktop area. If you have 17" or 19" monitor it will be sufficient for viewing it comfortably.
Thanking you.
gvnarendra

Hi bvpraveen
I got the answer for my query by installing the acer grid vista itself. You can use it to open 2,3,or 4 grids in the window. You can visit this location and download and install it. http://www.acerpanam.com/synapse/fo.../au&siteid=8116&areaid=12&formid=3394#results
Use and enjoy it.
gvnarendra