Does the strategy fail after some time?

newtrader101

please look into below screen shot of a fail trade
View attachment 44954
From discussions here (Imfine crude thread) you'll see that the candle breaking above EMA/Vwap has to be strongly bullish or atleast bullish. Here it's doji/spinning top i.e. neutral.
Again there're two bullish rejection bars at bottom. That could be reason for another entry.
Also what if the sl was at previous 15 min low?
Manual backtesting may be better than system. Because it brings your judgement. Maybe we should call it trade practice.
https://www.traderji.com/community/threads/my-crude-oil-positional-trades.106587/#post-1292032

Last edited:

niftytaurus

Hi
1) Back testing take times , if manually does.You need to take help of some coder to coding your strategy.here in traderji, we have happy singh brother who is very good at coding.ask him , if he can help you.
2) I also searched that thread, but profile is hidden , thats why i couldnt find that thread , otherwise I would have sent you the link before.let me find it.I will send you the link.
thanks

There is no such strategy that holds for long. I think you must be versatile to the volatility of the stock market. Analyse the stocks with the help of advance indicators and then prepare a new strategy for the trade.

There is no such strategy that holds for long. I think you must be versatile to the volatility of the stock market. Analyse the stocks with the help of advance indicators and then prepare a new strategy for the trade.

Strategies can definitely fail over time, the strategies which used to work earlier may not work after some time. It is important to make strategies according to the ongoing market situations.