Does Paypal charge 68.89 Rupees on opening account?

Krushna

Hi,
I just now opened a Paypal account which was "free" and verified my phone number. The account is most basic one using only my debit card info. After verifying my mobile number, I got an SMS from SBI saying thank you for making purchase of 68.89 rupees on POS 00000001 at PAYPAL.
What is this? Somebeody using Paypal in India please explain.

Regards
Krushna.

TradeOptions

Hi,
I just now opened a Paypal account which was "free" and verified my phone number. The account is most basic one using only my debit card info. After verifying my mobile number, I got an SMS from SBI saying thank you for making purchase of 68.89 rupees on POS 00000001 at PAYPAL.

Regards
Krushna.
I would suggest you to wait for a few days. I was also charged this amount at account opening, but it got credited back later on. It is charged just for the sake of verification I guess.

Regards

Krushna

I would suggest you to wait for a few days. I was also charged this amount at account opening, but it got credited back later on. It is charged just for the sake of verification I guess.

Regards
I am not as worried about 68 rupees as I am about getting cheated by some fraudsters as some POS deduction has been done without me doing it .. International company like Paypal should clearly state this on their website on the Home Page ... As in this business customer's trust is of utmost important...But thank you for your experience, now I am not worried. Otherwise I was thinking of blocking the card I added in Paypal.

comm4300

I am not as worried about 68 rupees as I am about getting cheated by some fraudsters as some POS deduction has been done without me doing it .. International company like Paypal should clearly state this on their website on the Home Page ... As in this business customer's trust is of utmost important...But thank you for your experience, now I am not worried. Otherwise I was thinking of blocking the card I added in Paypal.
every international purchase/registration of card results in 1dollar [approx 68 rupees] debit for verification. This amount is credited back again in a few days.

Krushna

every international purchase/registration of card results in 1dollar [approx 68 rupees] debit for verification. This amount is credited back again in a few days.
Thank you comm4300. Been using these things for the first time, so am not aware.

tradedatrend

Just asking, why do you want to use PayPal?

For making some international purchase? (Hell of a task)

or Receiving money from foreign? (easier done than said)

cloudTrader

Hi,

Regards
Krushna.
As other members said that this transaction is done just to verify the Credit/Debit card. The money debited for verification is refunded within seconds mostly.

PayPal has mentioned this thing in their TOS at their website. The website is too deep in information so might be you missed that thing.

i dont remember exactly, but if iam right its like this, i have a paypal account, they debit one dollar, but then it will show up in your card statement or in your bank account statement with a transaction number, a four digit number i think, which you need to check it out and enter again in your paypal website for activating or using the paypal account.

its something like this but pls correct me if iam wrong.

cloudTrader

i dont remember exactly, but if iam right its like this, i have a paypal account, they debit one dollar, but then it will show up in your card statement or in your bank account statement with a transaction number, a four digit number i think, which you need to check it out and enter again in your paypal website for activating or using the paypal account.

its something like this but pls correct me if iam wrong.
This used to be few years back when RBI had not eased certain conditions in relation to use of foreign exchange. Now the process of verification is quite simple as mentioned earlier in the thread.