prabit

I think swing trading is more profitable than daytrading. In daytrading brokerage& taxes are really taxing. Your net gain becomes small. In swing trading you save lot with less brokerage & taxes. In daytrading you have to spend lot of time ,energy, constant stress throughout the day, in the long run very bad for your health.Daytrading is desperation, addiction, chasing and chasing money which hardly comes and even when comes, does not stay with you , again goes out to the market.In simple word daytrading is the most risky business in the trading & investment world. But, yes, there is a but. There are many daytraders who are making big money(I think, I have not met, because they don't disclose) Long time ago I read in interview of a subbroker of bse in a newspaper. At that he was making daily one lac with turnover in crores daily. He was a jobber and he wanted to buy a BMW. But I think everybody has to develop his own strategy according to his capital, temparament,risk appatite, age, environment,health, ambition and available time.
cheers, happy trading.

Evilboy

yahi sabse badi post hai is thread ki....

baaki sab bakwaas, investors are usually failed daytraders and its a bad end.

ill tell u lifecycle of a newbie in stock market.

1) stocks
2) options
3) futures
4) long term holding stocks

at the end its always a surviving investor.

just u cannot hold ur shorts in stocks which is 1 bad thing in daytrading
:thumb:

Failure to accept losses is another thing why people end up giving up daytrading. I have seen many people are not willing to accept that they made a mistake. Instead they go on averaging their position and end up with huge losses. Like prst, many people keep holding onto their losing positions because they don't want to end up with losses. Good traders will book losses and put the money in a different stock.

deadbrain

IMHO, only those who can put their heart and soul (and money of course) can generate profit. Rest will continue to complain no matter what profession it is.

Re: Live intraday stock tips

Buy Reliance Natural Resources Ltd. above 38.40 stop loss Rs 37 target 42

Buy Indiabulls Real Estate Ltd. above 176 stop loss Rs 171 target 184

Buy Fortis Healthcare Ltd. above 159 stop loss Rs 154 target 163.65

Buy Raymond Ltd. above 368 stop loss Rs 362 target 379.75

source: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Live trading tips for 6th september

Buy Action Construction Equipment Ltd. above 70.75 stop loss Rs 67 target 54

Buy Andhra Cements Ltd. above 18.95 stop loss Rs 17.50 target 20

Buy Hotel Leela Venture Ltd. above 56.50 stop loss Rs 52 target 61

SOURCE: http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Any work we do need proper planning to make it perfect, it should include hardwork and proper timing. Day trading is just accelerated version of above statement. The person once learns this become perfect. it may take 1 year as mentioned by Mr Kannamthanam for most people, but i am sure one who follow dicipline and plan his days move before start trading will learn with in few weeks.Dont waste weekends. use it to study.
Delivery is better than MF, DayTrading is better than Delivery, and F&O is the best for positive thinkers.

you can make consistent profits, but then the losses/brokerage will eat up the profits.

I have been day trading for quite a while now and even though profits are consistent. I feel its not enough.

My opinion day trading carries more risk and even with proper money management , in the long term its not worth it.

Stick to Swing trading.

I think day trading is good when there is good amount of volatility in the market like in the case of news, F&O expiration's. Other than that, to generate more profit the volume would have to jacked up increasing the risk associated with square off.

Shepherd

oilman5

day trading:Easy , provided u have requestee.
1] u must understand market.
2] what is that day? upday, downday, volatile day, nontradable day.......it means u must have plan to execute based based on that day.
3] Syncronization .....beforehand on upday u have 3stock for potential upmove,for downday, potential falling candidate for that day
4] your personal money management plan
Habit of writing what u have learnt Today
..................U CAN DO IT, IF U FOLLOW IT, OTHERWISE NONO.
i myself traded/demonstrated successful daytrade many months
Swing trade: its also very easy........about 3 yr its taken to learn(first 2 yr very difficult)
Requestee 1] why that stock/commodity will swing NOW
2] how many in last 6 months the stocks behave that way?
3] what economy is telling ,reaching bottom or toping of a sector, what similar group of stock Doing ?
normally u to be accurate 75% or above in guessing Right.
yes i do swing extensively .
if interested to learn contract corporate bridge academy

I am new to Intraday and i am using ICICIdirect as brokerage firm. i see lot of guys on moneycontrol also say:
Buy Fortis Healthcare Ltd. above 159 stop loss Rs 154 target 163.65

what does it mean:( i am using icicidirect intraday words)
using margin buy, buy the stock at 159
using margin sell, submit an sell order with the limit price of 163.65 and SLTP of 154.

when the last trade price = SLTP, order will execute between the price of SLTP and Limit price, is this true?
why should enter 163.65? i can also enter 168 or any number right? if the limit price is more, profit will be high.

please help me to understand SLTP and how a sell order works. i am not getting proper answer from icicidirect and intraday trading really sucks in their website!!