Does anybody know from where iCharts.in is getting data feed

DiwaliCrackers

anybody knows From where icharts.in is getting data feed.
is it directly from nse server or from some where else

stumper

what do you wanted to do by knowing their data source?
Its a Valid question actually. For day trader, who are usually dependent on TA, every tick matters (More so if you are a Scalper). Data Source will determine how fast is the data coming to me, how reliable it is, how accurate it is, etc.

fxgood

Its a Valid question actually. For day trader, who are usually dependent on TA, every tick matters (More so if you are a Scalper). Data Source will determine how fast is the data coming to me, how reliable it is, how accurate it is, etc.
Serious day traders don't need to relay on 2nd tier illegal data vendors or any web based charting, when compared with legal vendors like esignal and global feeds these 2nd tier illegal vendors have inferior quality servers and fetched data feeds from trading terminals consolidated into a remote data base for their illegal redistribution's

stumper

Serious day traders don't need to relay on 2nd tier illegal data vendors or any web based charting,
While i agree with not relying on 2nd Tier Data Vendors, there are lots of members out there who are still in learning mode and looking for any cost savings they can achieve while in this transit.

Next, the reason i said its a valid question is because im unable to myself figure out if icharts sources its data from the exchange directly (Just like esignal, livecharts does). I suspect it does sources from exchanges , but im not sure.

On a lighter node, im a day trader and use web based charting (I don't know your definition of *Serious* day trader).

ashu1234

Serious day traders don't need to relay on 2nd tier illegal data vendors or any web based charting, when compared with legal vendors like esignal and global feeds these 2nd tier illegal vendors have inferior quality servers and fetched data feeds from trading terminals consolidated into a remote data base for their illegal redistribution's
While i agree with not relying on 2nd Tier Data Vendors, there are lots of members out there who are still in learning mode and looking for any cost savings they can achieve while in this transit.

Next, the reason i said its a valid question is because im unable to myself figure out if icharts sources its data from the exchange directly (Just like esignal, livecharts does). I suspect it does sources from exchanges , but im not sure.

On a lighter node, im a day trader and use web based charting (I don't know your definition of *Serious* day trader).
Earlier icharts used a data vendor to feed their jcharts, but I hope they are now sourcing data directly from the exchange as they have given break up fees they pass on to NSE and MCX on their site.
Better is to contact them directly as I know personally they follow best business practices and will give you right information what you are seeking.

On the other note there is no harm if one is using web based charting services, their data is as good as terminal's tick, and those who are into scalping may not need charting services at all.....why? coz your terminal data is enough to get tick and minute chart on your terminal itself. And if one is so damned concerned about latency issues its better to have VPN and source data from big vendors and use advanced software to suit their needs of backtesting and intra-minute scalping.

But in general for TA purpose icharts is good and innovative from the rest as they are pioneers of the web based charting in India.

jahan

Hello,

ok.......

if u don't mind can u pls tell who is providing CASH market(Equity) data for AMIBROKER.....as of i know there is no Authorised data vendor for NSE CASH market don't say esignal is providing....their ON DEMAD DATA has delay for NON-eSignal softwares...its only works Realtime if u also subscribed with esignal charting software.

iam feeling shame as there is no vendor for NSE CASH data for Amibroker....They are providing the same For MT4 which is a order execution platform and Amibroker is more flexible than MT4 IN terms of easy programming but yet we can't able to find vendor's.....i don't know what is the difficulty.

anyway....hoping for the day when we get NSE cash data for Amibroker.

Regards,

Last edited:
Hello,

ok.......

if u don't mind can u pls tell who is providing CASH market(Equity) data for AMIBROKER.....as of i know there is no Authorised data vendor for NSE CASH market don't say esignal is providing....their ON DEMAD DATA has delay for NON-eSignal softwares...its only works Realtime if u also subscribed with esignal charting software.

iam feeling shame as there is no vendor for NSE CASH data for Amibroker....They are providing the same For MT4 which is a order execution platform and Amibroker is more flexible than MT4 IN terms of easy programming but yet we can't able to find vendor's.....i don't know what is the difficulty.

anyway....hoping for the day when we get NSE cash data for Amibroker.

Regards,
open trading account with interactivebrokers

https://www.interactivebrokers.co.in/en/main.php

you can get all segments data with zero cost....

Amibroker provides interactivebrokers plug-ins with zero cost

jahan

open trading account with interactivebrokers

https://www.interactivebrokers.co.in/en/main.php

you can get all segments data with zero cost....

Amibroker provides interactivebrokers plug-ins with zero cost

Hello,

Yep...ur right.....Zero cost for data what about brokerage...0.05% means after STT and other Charges its become 0.091 not at all feasible for Day traders even with excessive intial capital...it is better to donate the money to poor people rather trading with IB(day traders)....no doubt that they are pioneer's in this field ....it is well suited for $ Accounts.....

i know i have no options....but i also know the expectancy of my strategy.....its good to wait for data vendor to come up ,... rather trading with heavy trading cost.

thanks for ur concern...i really appreciate that

Regards,

stumper

Hello,

...it is better to donate the money to poor people rather trading with IB(day traders)....no doubt that they are pioneer's in this field ....it is well suited for $ Accounts.....

.....its good to wait for data vendor to come up ,... rather trading with heavy trading cost.
I know exactly how you feel pal.

Someone on this forum asked me if i was a trader ... I was sad informing him "I Was'nt anymore ... I used to be".

Its frustrating trading in India. Specially if you are a day trader. No proper Data Feed or rather Limited genuine data feed vendors. No Support for third party execution platform. Limited support for third party charting tools. Exchange that have a limited basket of Order Type's. You are not allowed to Transfer Foreign Exchange to Trade in Offshore markets.

A Few year back i used to believe this country is slowly but steadily opening up to competition. That we are doing away with Red tapes and protectionist policies, we are opening up to concept of free markets where the strongest and best survives.

Today, i have come to accept the fact that we aint going any place's. We don't want to.

The reason for this whole post ....Fscking Frustration ..... I have been struggling to find a valid combination of A)Data Feed B) Charting tool C)Execution Platform.

I mean, in USA you would have spend the same time evaluating the available options. Here, by Jock, i cant seem to find one .. except IB (Yes, I don't consider ZeroDha-Amibroker Plugin & GlobalDatafeed combo ... as i don't consider AmiBroker as Execution platform).