Documents needed for SIP (NRI Question)

Since I have KYC acknowledgement letter, do I need to send AMC’s attested copy of my Pan Card and address proof with the application form and KYC acknowledgement? OR only KYC acknowledgement and the application form?

Thanks

H

Last edited:
Since I have KYC acknowledgement letter, do I need to send AMCs attested copy of my Pan Card and address proof with the application form and KYC acknowledgement? OR only KYC acknowledgement and the application form?

Thanks

H
You need to send the AMC the following forms

1) SIP Application form,
2) ECS Form
3) Online Pin form
4) Self Attested copy of PAN card
5) Check leaf for the first investment, your further SIP will be based on the account number in the check.
6) I think KYC form is needed for those doing lumpsum investment for more than Rs50,000/-

Always remember to fill all the details in the application forms. Also remember to mention the broker code as DIRECT. Also fill the SIP starting and end date etc etc.

You need to send the AMC the following forms

1) SIP Application form,
2) ECS Form
3) Online Pin form
4) Self Attested copy of PAN card
5) Check leaf for the first investment, your further SIP will be based on the account number in the check.
6) I think KYC form is needed for those doing lumpsum investment for more than Rs50,000/-

Always remember to fill all the details in the application forms. Also remember to mention the broker code as DIRECT. Also fill the SIP starting and end date etc etc.
Thank you for this information.

I have one questions:You said self attested PAN Card. You really mean self-attested?

I am asking this becuase when I spoke to Birla Sun Life contact centre employee named Amit (supervisor), he suggested that I have to get the PAN attested from the Indian embassy. When I explained to him that I live very far from Indian embassy, he said it has to be attested by my bank manager.

For me the problem is, both my bank manager and Indian embassy is very from where I live.... :confused:

yodlee99

Self-attested in some cases, might mean that you have to be there in person with your original and xerox copy of your document. If you an NRI, can you be there in person? If not, I think you better give them a call in their office hours and find out whose sign is needed.

Self-attested in some cases, might mean that you have to be there in person with your original and xerox copy of your document. If you an NRI, can you be there in person? If not, I think you better give them a call in their office hours and find out whose sign is needed.
Well Birla Sun Life suggested that I get it attested from the bank. But the problem is even my bank is too far from where i live.... :confused: