Documentary evidence of financial details for Derivative trading from April 1, 2010

xtalk

I've received following email from my brokers. Has anyone received similar mail?

Also, for last FY I have opted for efiling of IT returns (without digital signature). So, I have the ITR-V form and printed email copy of ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPT OF ITR-V from Income tax department. Will it work as valid income proof statement?

Dear client,

Trading Account No. xxxx

This has reference to SEBI Circular No MIRSD/SE/Cir 19 / 2009, dated 03-December-2005 & clarifications issued by Exchanges vide Circular no. NSE/INSP/2010/91 (NSE) and notice no. 20100203-30 (BSE) dated February 3, 2010.

This is to inform you that as per the above Circulars, with effect from 01 April 2010, documentary evidence of financial details is must in case if you wish to trade in Derivatives Market.

To avoid any inconvenience, we request you to furnish us with the details as per the attachment provided in Annexure 1 along with relevant supporting before 29 March 2010 to our Head office or any of the Branches (Click here for list of Branches).
Annexure 1

Sub: Documentary evidence of financial details to trade in Derivatives segment.
I _________________________ __________, having a trading account (___________) with you would like to provide the details as required.
Please note that my income range is : (please tick the relevant box)
< 1 lakh 1 to 5 lakh 5 to 10 lakh 10 to 25 lakh above 25 lakh
1. Copy of ITR Acknowledgement (For last financial year)
2. Copy of Annual Accounts (for last financial year )
3. Copy of Form 16 in case of salary income (for last financial year)
4. Net worth certificate (latest one or at the end of last financial year)
5. Salary Slip (for one month in current financial year)
6. Bank account statement (for last 6 months)
7. Copy of demat account Holding statement (not more than 3 months old)
8. Any other relevant documents substantiating ownership of assets.

Name and Signature of the customer

Re: Documentary evidence of financial details for Derivative trading from April 1, 20

I did get a similar mail from my brokerage firm (HDFC Sec).

bunny

Re: Documentary evidence of financial details for Derivative trading from April 1, 20

Yes, almost all brokers are implementing it.

alroyraj

I've received following email from my brokers. Has anyone received similar mail?

Also, for last FY I have opted for efiling of IT returns (without digital signature). So, I have the ITR-V form and printed email copy of ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RECEIPT OF ITR-V from Income tax department. Will it work as valid income proof statement?

Annexure 1

Sub: Documentary evidence of financial details to trade in Derivatives segment.
I _________________________ __________, having a trading account (___________) with you would like to provide the details as required.
Please note that my income range is : (please tick the relevant box)
< 1 lakh 1 to 5 lakh 5 to 10 lakh 10 to 25 lakh above 25 lakh
1. Copy of ITR Acknowledgement (For last financial year)
2. Copy of Annual Accounts (for last financial year )
3. Copy of Form 16 in case of salary income (for last financial year)
4. Net worth certificate (latest one or at the end of last financial year)
5. Salary Slip (for one month in current financial year)
6. Bank account statement (for last 6 months)
7. Copy of demat account Holding statement (not more than 3 months old)
8. Any other relevant documents substantiating ownership of assets.

Name and Signature of the customer

nac

What about if you are a recently passed out graduate and say not at present working and have not filed ITR ever ,then what?

Bank statement, demat account holding statement. Either of 'em will do good.