Do you use Instincts to trade?

If one trades on instinct, it may work some times but trader will never be under control and may not make consistent profits. If one trades on instinct, it may work some times but trader will never be under control and may not make consistent profits.

kaly422000

I have seen a few very successful large traders who trade on their instinct and judgement. They dont use any chart,Technicals or fundamentals etc but they have developed their instinct based on their experience and screen action.So the instinct here is not whims but a fine judgement which has come because of their long experience.They follow all good principles of trading like support /resistences ,getting out of a losing trade,MM etc without which they will not survive for long in this business. When I talked with them they knew supports and resistances of the day and of the week but unknowingly, without plotting it on the charts.

I am not blessed like these traders, so I dont trade on instincts.I trade on the charts only.

Smart_trade
many traders who dont use chart ,know the recent range of that stocks,future etc and act according to that. when there was trend to visit branch of a broker and trade from franchaise's terminal ,they used to impliment such range and their watchlist is very small,say 3 to 4 stocks

I assume trading with intuition will involve an element of luck. But isnt this what we traders try to minimize by picking trades with precise methods and systems with money management, which if done properly, will turn you profitable in the end no matter how unlucky run you are having?