Do Range bars repaint?

Hi all,

I saw this really wierd problem in my automated trading setup which I'm just trying to get started with.

I was working with nifty April options 11800 ce strike and using Range bars ( 100R) on amibroker to plot it. During the whole day , MACD gave me 34 buy signals out of which many ended up being loss trades. I had tested this setup on demo and it was working decent.

But the most surprising thing was that when I checked the chart again in the evening, there were only 11 buy signals showing on the chart.

I am completely confused as to how I got 34 signals in the day time and on the same chart I could see only 11 signals in the evening?

What could be the possible reason for this ? Experts, please help with your views. Thanks!

cloudTrader

Hi all,

I saw this really wierd problem in my automated trading setup which I'm just trying to get started with.

I was working with nifty April options 11800 ce strike and using Range bars ( 100R) on amibroker to plot it. During the whole day , MACD gave me 34 buy signals out of which many ended up being loss trades. I had tested this setup on demo and it was working decent.

But the most surprising thing was that when I checked the chart again in the evening, there were only 11 buy signals showing on the chart.

I am completely confused as to how I got 34 signals in the day time and on the same chart I could see only 11 signals in the evening?

What could be the possible reason for this ? Experts, please help with your views. Thanks!
In Amibroker the Range Bars are not that well formed as in Ninja Trader.

Also for Range Bars you need to have Tick by Tick data for a better formation.

So the data you are getting is not upto the mark and also the limitation of Amibroker.

In Amibroker the Range Bars are not that well formed as in Ninja Trader.

Also for Range Bars you need to have Tick by Tick data for a better formation.

So the data you are getting is not upto the mark and also the limitation of Amibroker.

Thanks for your response. So should we not use Range bars in Amibroker at all ? Or better data from a different provider will solve the problem ?

Also I'm still confused as to if the data is the same, how did it show only 11 signals in the evening versus 34 in the day ?

sumosanammain

The data provider backfills the Data many times after market hours, wiping out their errenous data with proper data. Back testing will show profit, real time, it will lead to chaos

ram2010

Ninja handles range bars better than ami-

fine issue is-

you need intraday tick backfill- for range bars and volume bars-

true data and gdfl were the two providing this

All other providers were giving 1 min backfill-

Hope this clarifies-