Do i need professional investment help

Hi every1

My father retierd recently and after much cajoling he is ready to invest 5,00,000 into anything xpect FDs(hope it is right decision).
now the problem is that i'm unable to decide that with this amt of money and too of my dad's should i:

1)Approach some investment firms like relegare etc to make complete balanced portfolio considering my dad's req.
Or
2)search this site and Pik MFs which i feel are good and invest 25K lumpsum in them?

Pls help me i'm unable to take the right decision

krishna23

u need to clarify investment objective/goal,time frame & risk profile...

u need to clarify investment objective/goal,time frame & risk profile...
objective: to make investment and get better returns in the long run as compared to other contemparoray alternatives(FDs etc)

time frame: 5 years

risk: moderate/Avg

plz guys help me out by answering my query coz i just need to be shown the right direction !!

kenneth

Hi every1

My father retierd recently and after much cajoling he is ready to invest 5,00,000 into anything xpect FDs(hope it is right decision).
now the problem is that i'm unable to decide that with this amt of money and too of my dad's should i:

1)Approach some investment firms like relegare etc to make complete balanced portfolio considering my dad's req.
Or
2)search this site and Pik MFs which i feel are good and invest 25K lumpsum in them?

Pls help me i'm unable to take the right decision
Please remember Your father is now retired and his money is not yours yet. If he has not invested in stocks/mutual funds all these years and has planned his retirement why you are cajoling him? You make your own money and invest.Why I am telling you this is there is write up in ***** groups of the similar case and the son invested his father's money and played in futures thinking that he will multiply and lost everything and wants to commit suicide.

If your father is interested let him learn and invest. He is not old at 58-60. Tell him that I have told you. Please calculate how long it will take for to save 5lakhs even after enjoying free food and accordation from your father.

Regards
ken

Last edited:
See if you have 5 years horizon then you are safe don't worry about short term fluctuations.... I would suggest you to invest 3 Lacs in equities and 2 Lacs in MFs.

Look at companies like DLF,GMR Infra,RIL,Infosys,ONGC,..etc

Cheers !!!

I dont think there would be better advise. For every 2 stories of having made money there will be 5 untold stories of having lost money. Capital preservation at his age should be an absolute priority.
If he really really has money to spare ,a few diversified MFs would work fine.

Please remember Your father is now retired and his money is not yours yet. If he has not invested in stocks/mutual funds all these years and has planned his retirement why you are cajoling him? You make your own money and invest.Why I am telling you this is there is write up in ***** groups of the similar case and the son invested his father's money and played in futures thinking that he will multiply and lost everything and wants to commit suicide.

If your father is interested let him learn and invest. He is not old at 58-60. Tell him that I have told you. Please calculate how long it will take for to save 5lakhs even after enjoying free food and accordation from your father.

Regards
ken

Very Right Guidance from Kenneth.
dips123 its Not Your Money,Its Very Good Idea To Invest In Nationalised Bank,
So You Can Sleep Peacefully.
No One Can Says what Happens Tomorrow.
But For Some Better Earning You Can Invest Some Money in Heavy weight Stocks as mentioned by NewTrader_DeepakJ in Last Post.

krishna23

since primary objective is capital appreciation over the long term u can buy equity diversified mutual funds...u can sip about 40k a month instead of putting money in a lump sum to spread your investments over next 12 months atleast...

u could choose balanced funds for further lower risk...also u can spread investments over next 18-24 months if u desire...

for returns one needs to take evaluated risks since a Fixed deposit would barely give a 3% return after being adjusted with inflation..so equity would be the top option for investment!