Do i need professional investment help

krishna23

"Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs"

oxusmorouz

Please remember Your father is now retired and his money is not yours yet. If he has not invested in stocks/mutual funds all these years and has planned his retirement why you are cajoling him? You make your own money and invest.Why I am telling you this is there is write up in ***** groups of the similar case and the son invested his father's money and played in futures thinking that he will multiply and lost everything and wants to commit suicide.

If your father is interested let him learn and invest. He is not old at 58-60. Tell him that I have told you. Please calculate how long it will take for to save 5lakhs even after enjoying free food and accordation from your father.
Excellent! :)

Please remember Your father is now retired and his money is not yours yet. If he has not invested in stocks/mutual funds all these years and has planned his retirement why you are cajoling him? You make your own money and invest.Why I am telling you this is there is write up in ***** groups of the similar case and the son invested his father's money and played in futures thinking that he will multiply and lost everything and wants to commit suicide.

If your father is interested let him learn and invest. He is not old at 58-60. Tell him that I have told you. Please calculate how long it will take for to save 5lakhs even after enjoying free food and accordation from your father.

Regards
ken
let me pls clear certain misconceptions:
a) its my dads money and i dont have any vested interest in that :eek:...i want to be a self made man like he is.

b) he feels that bcoz of his prior professional commitments he cudnt invest timly..now he wants to invest this amt of money with some private investor who promises(word of mouth) him better returns than FDs.... I dont want him to b takin such risks and hence cajoled him to go the MFs way.

Nvr the less thanx for impertinant warning

regards

U

uasish

dips123,

Yes you need a proffessional guidance,the simple reason for why you need a Doctor or a Lawyer's guidance.
The words of kenneth may seem harsh but it is a reality.
The best proffessionals available in this World for Managing your Asset,have All ,i repeat ALL booked HUGE loss in the recent US episode.
When all those Big names are in doldrum,then on what Logic you are getting this Hope that MF's / Equity can give a better return.
This is the Time for Preservation of hard earned Money for Retirees ,they SHOULD only go for the Safest avenue.
Age is not in his favour,his motto should be only Safety NOW,as a good son you must see that he is not lured by Sharks.

Asish