Do I have what it takes to become a Professional Trader

Do you think a retail trader can become profitable consistently for long time?

• Yes

• No

• Can't Tell

Results are only viewable after voting.

bashasm

Of course, this money is important to me it's just that I couldn't close reliance at my sl but i do think it will turn into profits
Thinking/assuming wont work.
Why don't you book loss and prepare for next trade
Do you even have a trading plan or just roaming around and taking random trades

pannet1

This is very very harmful behavior for trading. Stop is stop. How you stop is a decision to be made while designing and testing the plan and there may be many ways to trade. But then you have to follow it.
What you make/loose in one trade is irrelevant. If you cannot follow rules your results will not tell you whether you actually have an edge. So whats the point ?

Market does not care what you/me/anyone at all thinks. Do what you will with this trade, it does not matter. If i say close and you close and then it runs in your favor you will say i was wrong. And vv. But this is not how traders work and this will certainly not work long term.

Read this. I would say read the entire blog ..
priceless

TraderRavi

low risk profile
in US Markets, all future scripts are multiplied by same number (100 or 1000 cant remember). there they dont play protective daddy thingy like here in india. if this was the case here, we would have cheaper or variable margin requirement. do you have any idea on what other reason they give for the variable multiplier by NSE/SEBI.
Their view is , we are trying to protect retail guy by increasing lot size to insane levels , thereby keeping out of reach . but in reality it is increasing risk manifold therefore instead of protecting retail it is doing much much more harm to their money.

pannet1

Their view is , we are trying to protect retail guy by increasing lot size to insane levels , thereby keeping out of reach . but in reality it is increasing risk manifold therefore instead of protecting retail it is doing much much more harm to their money.
i thought so. , bunch of jokers who have no idea who have no idea what is going on or it is the design of the C Company to take retailers money

TracerBullet

Some really irritating changes from SEBI in last few years. That 3 month rule is super stupid. ek problem solve karo doosra problem create karo. And brokers dont seem to have any dialogue with them, just find workarounds or if you are IB then follow rule to the dot.

The Pig

Of course, this money is important to me it's just that I couldn't close reliance at my sl but i do think it will turn into profits
Had read somewhere ‘Lose your opinion, not your money’.
As per my personal experience ‘Hope and Pray’ are the greatest indicators to sell a stock,it’s 99%accurate.
Even I am struggling to overcome this.

Schatz

dont risk more than 1 % of ur capital in a day ... but it does nt mean that its okay to lose 1% everyday ..then 100 day is enough for u to blow up ur account... first have a trading plan which does not change with mkt movements,,... write down ur entry exit and stop loss before taking the trade... and follow it .. if u cant follow stop trading.. do this for 20 days... if u r still negative ... then ur plan needs change... change plan and do the same for another 20 days... n so on....
probably risk a very small amount to start with which does not make any difference to u .... may be less than 0.5% of ur capital... get ur confidence and strategy up first.. dont lose money... trade with very small size and focus on strategy buliding