Do I have what it takes to become a Professional Trader

Do you think a retail trader can become profitable consistently for long time?

• Yes

• No

• Can't Tell

Results are only viewable after voting.
hmm... Can I?

Let's find out if I have what it takes to become a Professional Trader and get consistent profits.

My background in Trading: I started trading back in 2017 and lost big time, then I was trading based on tip prover tips. So I left the trading for some time and came back in late 2018.

Current Situation: Let's find out from coming Monday :p

I made a big loss today in Bnf, I was in profits in the beginning but the compulsive gambler in me made this possible. How to Deal with it? I need some suggestions
1570644458453.png

TracerBullet

I made a big loss today in Bnf, I was in profits in the beginning but the compulsive gambler in me made this possible. How to Deal with it? I need some suggestions
Once you have some working knowledge ( hopefully of ideas that actually work) , Trading process is something like this

1) Make a plan
2) backtest the plan over large sample. You can do it manually or mechanically. You can also paper trade or better - forward test with small capital.
3) If the plan does not work, change it and repeat.
This will take time, mech tests are easier to do but not everything can be tested mechanically.
Here you will ask all the questions for entrys and exits. Should i hold for bigger moves or take what i get immediately ? Small Or Big Stops ? Targets ? Position sizing, max drawdown etc etc. There is no one answer, it will depend on market/timeframe and maybe your behaviour too.
4) If you have done above properly, only then should you start trading with larger capital. And at this stage, it might be a lot easier to follow your plan - because its tested. Still not easy to face drawdowns, but experience might help.

pannet1

I made a big loss today in Bnf, I was in profits in the beginning but the compulsive gambler in me made this possible. How to Deal with it? I need some suggestions View attachment 38004 .
if you can afford to loose continuously it means you have an alternative source of income.

1) stop trading for money and trade for winning.
2) trades the lowest size possible in your favorite market.
3) for the moment, don't consider brokerage, tax ... etc (assuming the no of trades are very less / day, it will still be smaller than the losses you make at the current rate :eek:).

how markets are capable to making most of us to loose? its because it tests almost all price points except a very few (the top most and the bottom most). so if you are in the right trend when it is tested we exit at breakeven and then it gives the big move. if we are in the wrong side of the trend, your stop gets triggered anyway.

see the trade logs of many successful traders.

if you trade options don't forget it decays with timee mostly in loss or small profit