DJIA futures swing trading

copypasteaee

Humbled by Markets
Still under study, from Jan will paper trade. It would have been great to learn from people who are trading DJIA or S&P500 on NSE, hope to get some responses.
Nice view and approach bro. Do tell me if you have any source of data for DJIA or S&P. I am personally trading on Daily and higher TFs and your approach seems good.

Square

Nice view and approach bro. Do tell me if you have any source of data for DJIA or S&P. I am personally trading on Daily and higher TFs and your approach seems good.
The source for intraday data and EOD is yahoo finance and google finance. You can get 1 min OHLC prices. So you can use this data to plot intraday charts for any time frame above 1m i.e. 5 min, 15 mins or 60 mins etc.

Presently I am downloading data from yahoo finance and using it to plot 5m and daily candlestick charts.

vagar11

The source for intraday data and EOD is yahoo finance and google finance. You can get 1 min OHLC prices. So you can use this data to plot intraday charts for any time frame above 1m i.e. 5 min, 15 mins or 60 mins etc.

Presently I am downloading data from yahoo finance and using it to plot 5m and daily candlestick charts.
Historical data from Yahoo is not correct.

vagar11

Can you share the python script for plotting candlestick chart if it has been made in python. I didn't get time to write code for the same. I was thinking of creating my own indexes from stocks.

pannet1

pannet1

hi,

this is brilliant square. anything that works 50-100% can be taken advantage. when i was trading FOREX, i found when there is a gap up the gap is closed within 1-30 minutes or so. so i wrote a MQL script to sell if there is a gap up and take profit on the previous day close. it worked for one day.

i never had a stop loss.. because i needed room for price to breathe. so another day i sold and price never went to open or my TP did not get filled. it went for a huge loss. i lost interest on it. but there are people who trade gaps really well.

any information we have can be taken advantage of .. IMHO.