Dissecting the Nest Plus Auto Trading API

yusi

You should try Presto APIs of Symphony Fintech.
Other threads have been talking about Presto. But specifics about the API have not been mentioned. If operating at that scale, they would have tie-ups with brokers, exchange for direct access to their OMS / RMS.

If you are familiar, care to write something more elaborate about their API, its capabilities and shortcomings ?

yusi

hello sir!
after the ftil nsel crises is commodity tradig suspendef.
If you try to place orders for MCX via the Plus API, you will get a log message such as:

NestPlus Message : PlusApi PlusApi <order number> -- MCX exchange is not allowed to place api order

However, auto-trading in MCX was not allowed even prior to the crisis that you mention.

yusi

Rechecked. Doesn't matter if I destroy and re-create the object or continue with the original one the modify/cancel order doesn't work.

Also found out that once the order is placed in the order book the RefOrderNo disappears. It is empty. Probably a feature of 1.8.0.0?

Do not think that the RefOrderNo did ever appear in the Order Book, though the column exists. At best, you would see the instance name (PlusApi_MyDryRun...) in the Remarks column.

Will have to check the Modify / Delete. After having gone back and forth between Zerodha (talk to Omnesys) and Omnesys (talk to your broker) twice over the Plus subscription for NOW, let it lapse.

augubhai

Rechecked. Doesn't matter if I destroy and re-create the object or continue with the original one the modify/cancel order doesn't work.

Also found out that once the order is placed in the order book the RefOrderNo disappears. It is empty. Probably a feature of 1.8.0.0?

I am not subscribed to NestPlus now, but I think the reference info used to be in the "Remarks" or "Comments" column...

yusi

I think ur trying too hard.... This is very basic API which omnesys provides... If you want to call back order numbers from API u need to subscribe to higher version API which is not part of the nest plugin.. Hope this helps
Does not help.

All the current participants in the discussion have likely used tens of other APIs, and probably developed a few themselves. Unless you are willing to get into specifics of the Plus API -- past / present / future versions -- you are not taking the discussion forward.

Puneet, you are in an enviable position to add value. You are a big customer to Omnesys and others, as well as a big downstream service provider. Not so long back you were providing the API under discussion (or a product developed around it) to your customers. It is fairly obvious that an API that is hardly functional, and has no documentation, or support, should not have been released. If you wish, you or your technical folks, can contribute a lot here.

Btw, whose or which question were you addressing when you say that "want to call back order numbers from the API" ?