Dissecting the Nest Plus Auto Trading API

NJ23

What is this error? I get this error whenever I log into Nest Plus.

NestPlus Message : otp connection : 0 -- recovery attempt failed, trying again

yusi

What is this error? I get this error whenever I log into Nest Plus.

NestPlus Message : otp connection : 0 -- recovery attempt failed, trying again
Dunno... but it does not seem to affect operations:

Code:
01-02-2016,11:52:26  -- NestPlus Message : otp connection : 0 -- recovery attempt failed, trying again
01-02-2016,11:52:05  -- NestPlus Error : plus profile is corrupted,can not restore plus profile
01-02-2016,11:52:04  -- NestPlus Message : Market Monitor: Request sent To Get Message Types
01-02-2016,11:52:04  -- NestPlus Message : [username] user logged in successfully
01-02-2016,11:52:04  -- NestPlus Message : subscribed for NSE IPFT Reports 
01-02-2016,11:52:04  -- NestPlus Message : 0 Research/Technical calls Retrieved
01-02-2016,11:52:03  -- NestPlus Message : NSE IPFT Reports  request sent
01-02-2016,11:52:03  -- NestPlus Message : peer data request sent
01-02-2016,11:52:03  -- NestPlus Message : mrv plus products show tree all request sent
01-02-2016,11:52:03  -- NestPlus Message : om plus launch request sent
01-02-2016,11:52:03  -- NestPlus Error : mnm add data failed while adding MNM VERSION in check for updates request
01-02-2016,11:52:02  -- NestPlus Message : prelogin request sent
01-02-2016,11:52:02  -- NestPlus Message : dd tplant sin1z Broadcast DD Status: Connection opened
01-02-2016,11:51:50  -- NestPlus Message : dd services inetlz Interactive DD Status: Connection opened
For reference, the relevant section in nestplus.ini is:

Code:
[OPTION_MQ]
SERVER_PORT = 5672
SERVER_HOST = plusuat.omnesysindia.com
VHOST  = otp@nestplusuat
EXCHANGE = otp_services
Port 5672 seems to be the default one for RabbitMQ.

cloudTrader

Help me out here -- under what scenarios do you imagine that the autoscan may not work, given any data feed? Have seen this question asked earlier, but never got a grip on the premise behind it.

The periodic Auto scan and data feed are orthogonal, and one should not interfere with the other.
I took a Real Time Data service Trial for 7 days for Amibroker. I tried running a scan through an AFL. However the scan never ran.

So I was in confusion that what kind of RT feed is needed for the RT Scan. Thought that you will have the information as you might have tested this scenario. :)

I tried to find out and reached this thread: Please have a look at this post.

http://www.traderji.com/amibroker/72512-real-time-scan-automatic-analysis-amibroker-2.html#post716631

Last edited:

yusi

I took a Real Time Data service Trial for 7 days for Amibroker. I tried running a scan through an AFL. However the scan never ran.

So I was in confusion that what kind of RT feed is needed for the RT Scan. Thought that you will have the information as you might have tested this scenario. :)

I tried to find out and reached this thread: Please have a look at this post.

http://www.traderji.com/amibroker/72512-real-time-scan-automatic-analysis-amibroker-2.html#post716631
Took a look at the link, but did not see any content that refers to or affects auto-scan. What is discussed there is the RT window that is only available for datafeeds that use the AmiBroker Development Kit (ADK), either directly or through a wrapper.

As to why you could not run the scan during the trial you mention, will not hazard a guess as no definitive context is provided.

cloudTrader

Took a look at the link, but did not see any content that refers to or affects auto-scan. What is discussed there is the RT window that is only available for datafeeds that use the AmiBroker Development Kit (ADK), either directly or through a wrapper.

As to why you could not run the scan during the trial you mention, will not hazard a guess as no definitive context is provided.
Actually the base of the discussion was regarding the problem faced by the member about not able to scan in the real-time mode. The member was using the Excel utility of Josh. He was trying to take help of the other members as to what could be the reason regarding his inability to scan in the real-time mode.

In my case I asked the support team of the data provider regarding the problem of scanning and they replied that autoscan is not possible through their data feed, as to why of the problem they were unable to go into the depth.

Well I'll be searching more regarding this problem of mine to come to a conclusion about my need and ability to scan in amibroker.

Thanks and regards.

yusi

Actually the base of the discussion was regarding the problem faced by the member about not able to scan in the real-time mode. The member was using the Excel utility of Josh. He was trying to take help of the other members as to what could be the reason regarding his inability to scan in the real-time mode.

In my case I asked the support team of the data provider regarding the problem of scanning and they replied that autoscan is not possible through their data feed, as to why of the problem they were unable to go into the depth.

Well I'll be searching more regarding this problem of mine to come to a conclusion about my need and ability to scan in amibroker.

Thanks and regards.
I can at best see one reason why the autoscan may not work -- this is due to the push / pull behavior of different datafeeds. In a server based feed using an AmiBroker plug-in middleware, the plugin gets the data from the server. However, it is fetched from the middleware by AmiBroker only when a chart is open, or RT quote window is open, or T&S is open. Running an autoscan may not work if data for other symbols is not available. The solution should be to enable 'Wait for backfill' in the Analysis settings window.

However, this is not applicable to a push datafeed such as Josh's utility that you mention. Here, all captured symbol data is updated at intervals. So that member must be having some other issue.

Guessing with rough context here...

Hi Yusi,

I am looking for your utility that provides live data to Ninja, i am not getting your contact details from your profile may be because i have very less no of posts on Traderji. Can you please help me on this.

Thanks

yusi

I am looking for your utility that provides live data to Ninja
The NinjaTrader 7 datafeed utilities have regrettable names like NestGoesNt, NowLetsNt, and Odidnot, depending on the trading terminal the data is extracted from.

On the bright side, the search vector for these names should be straight-forward.

lemondew

Hi yusi and others,

Any help would be highly appreciated. I wish a small code to execute buy orders at market in any programming language. Can nest plus help me do this for now or nest in zerodha. A small program with all hardcoded values would be enough.

I wish to do the following.
start
loop the following every second
if (nifty, CE, 8500, mar31)>= 25 //this I was reading from excel using macro after link to excel.
{
buy (nifty, ce, 8600,mar31) at market //this I wish to do
buy (nifty, pe, 8400,mar31) at market //this I wish to do
exit loop
}
end program

Does nest provide any sample code for the order execution line through VBA or other language.