'Discussion Thread' - Systematic approach to Fundamental Analysis

Dear Raunak,
Thanks for taking up this initiative. I am sure there are many people eager to learn from fundamental analysis.

Looking forwards for your posts.

Regards

Piyush

Re: Systematic Approach to Fundamental Analysis

I am starting this new thread where I will teach how to value shares based on their fundamentals. I think most of the traders are Technical Traders here and few base their investment decision based on fundamental approach. However, I personally feel that some of the best investments come your way when you put the two approaches (Fundamental and Technical) together.

In this thread, I am going to start teaching valuation from scratch. This will include analysing a Country, its Economy, its fundamentally rich sectors and finally it's shares. I am going to start two threads on this. One is this in which I am writing presently and another one will be the 'Discussion Thread' which will relate to all the topics posted here. I would like to maintain a flow while writing and hence would request all the member's to post their doubts and other queries in the discussion thread and not to post anything in this thread.

I sincerely hope this thread will benefit all those who wish to learn Fundamental approach in investment. I'll be creating an index on this page which will give everyone a clear idea of how we will be progressing towards learning Fundamental Analysis.

Index (Will be updating regularly)

1. Valuation: An Introduction
2. Valuation Techniques: An Introduction
3. Economic Analysis
4. Structure of Financial Accounts
5. Understanding Risk and its importance in Valuations
6. Determining Riskless Rates and Risk Premiums
7. Cost of Financing: Determining Cost of Equity and Capital
8. Earnings: Measuring Earnings and it's Importance
9. Determining Cash Flows
10. Forecasting and Estimating Growth
11. Estimating Terminal Value
Dear Raunak,
Looking forward to yr posts.Hope it would be an informative thread as yr other threads are

SwingKing

dear Raunak Agarwal,
please proceed and post regularly. really i am waiting for these type of lessons. i think these lessons will reach my expectations and clear all my doubts.
thank you....
Vssoma, I intend to post one topic in one week covering everything in detail. Will be starting soon.

Tc.